Puffy spots on cheeks

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Puffy spots on cheeks

Last night my skin was absolutely clear but when I woke up this morning i had red puffy spots on my upper cheeks on both sides.I've never had this before. What could it be due to...is it acne? Also in the sunlight i find my skin just gets so much more spottier, i've tried sunscreen but my skin is sensitive therefore i break out.
It can be photodermatitis. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps. Also Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

Application of steroids is also helpful but it needs prescription from a dermatologist. If the symptoms are not subsiding by antihistaminics, then you need to consult a dermatologist and get steroids prescribed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.