Purple Spot On Chin
So today on my flight, I subconsciously put one of those plastic cups they give you to my mouth.  I breathed in so suction was created.  After my flight I noticed that I had a few purple colored spots of considerable size on my chin.  I didnt feel any pain but I just want to know what it is.  I am assuming that its just the blood pooling under the skin from the suction. I was just messing around but I am beginning to become a little concerned.  My question is how long will this take to heal, and what can I do to expediate the process?

Thanks.

This does not sound serious as these may be suction hematomas. They should revert spontaneously in less than a week. For larger hematomas, the discolorations may be quite evident. Hematoma resolution undergoes certain steps and may be evident by the changes in the color of the hematoma. However for small punctate hemorrhages this should resolve without intervention.