Purple bump
I have a small purple bump on my chin.  I saw a dermatologist several years ago and he told me that basically it's a blood vessel that is protruding from a pore in my skin.  I don't remember the technical name for it (it isn't a hemangioma). I wasn't concerned, because he wasn't.  It is starting to get bigger.  Not a lot, but it is protruding more.  Can you tell me what the technical name for this is?  And what can I do about it?

What I can think of is telengiectasia or angioma.

If the affected area is getting larger, then you may need to have this assessed by your doctor once more. Do not pick on the area as this may bleed. The cause of this bump has to be ascertained. For bumps caused by blood vessels these may not necessarily need further intervention. However, if the skin condition appears to progress , further evaluation is necessary. Laser therapy has been used to help with spider veins and other discolorations on the face. You may ask your doctor about this.