Pus filled bump on inside of lip. HSV-1?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I recently became sick and noticed a bump on the inside of my upper lip (right behind where my two lips meet. It is purple, but looks like beyond the purple the bump is slightly clear. It doesn't hurt, but I just notice pressure there. My lips are very chapped, although i have been riding my bike in the cold.  I am sexually active with my girlfriend, who is hsv1 positive but has never had an outbreak. I became sick the day after my last sexual encounter with my girlfriend. I have been sick for the past 4 days. From what I've read, this sounds like hsv-1. Do I have to wait before I could get an accurate blood test? Does this sound like HSV-1?

Thanks.
Two possibilities that are coming to my mind are pyogenic granuloma or a cold sore(due to HSV 1). Pyogenci granuloma appears in the mouth as an overgrowth of tissue to due irritation, physical trauma or hormonal factors.

In cold sore, pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt which break down. You need to get some investigations like sample from the sores to identify the virus, culture analysis, Tzanck smear, antigen and antibody studies and blood sampling for antibody studies done to confirm the diagnosis. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi Doctor,

My mother is suffering with burning mouth since a year now. A month back she had a small lump with her inner skin of upper lip ( Left ). She has lods of bleeding and pus coming out & finally it stops, we had seen doctor and he advised us to cut the lump with a small surgery. Some times she had sores in her mouth as well. She is not able to eat spicy food.

According to my knowledge, she has some hormonal imbalance & that all result into all this.

I want to know is there any possibility of Oral or lip cancer ?? We are very worried for her. Need your help in understanding.