Question about pigment left behind after biopsy shave on mole
Hi there.  4 years ago i had a mole shaved for a biopsy.  I had this mole since birth, it was smaller than a pea, perfectly round and light brown with no color variance.  It got this little scab on it that i kept messing with and while the dr didnt think it was anything he was like "what the heck, lets take it off"  

It was a shave biopsy that came back 100% benign, a normal mole.  However, there was some pigment left behind after the shaving.  My question is, what should i do about this pigment left behind?  Is there a chance that the pigment left behind from this 100% benign mole could turn into cancer?  Should i have it "dug out"?  

My old derm doesnt take my new INS so i had to find a new derm, who cant get me in until the end of april (and that was the earliest i could find calling about 5 different derms!!)  So im just looking for some info until then.  There is little to be found on the web about this kind of stuff!  

i also added a photo, the pigment is a big irregular, and has been since it started healing, this is not a change.  

THANK YOU
anyone?
When a mole is shaved off, it is very common for it to grow back and it may resemble a melanoma even. Recurrent nevus is a melantic skin lesion which clinically resembles a superficial spreading melanoma at the site of a recent shave removal of a nevus. What happens is that melanocytes left behind in the wound regrow in an abnormal pattern. This is accompanied by scarring, inflammation, and blood vessel changes and this both the clinical and histologic impression of a melanoma.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi, thank you so much for your response.  I spoke to my old derm (he was nice enough to chat with me, though i see my new derm in 3 days)  and he said that it doesnt need to excised.  He said my mole came back as a "intradermal melanocytic nevus"  Im still going to see the new derm anyway because honestly (and im sure you agree!)  it is UGLY!  So, because it was benign, what are the chances that it could turn into melanoma?  
i did want to update this really quickly, just incase anyone comes across it looking for answers.  i had this removed, as it was ugly and hard to monitor for changes. My doctor actually cut it out and i had 6 stitches and the pathology came back as a benign mole with scar tissue.  This made me happy :)  Im glad to have it gone and its one less thing that i dont have to worry about.