Dermatology Expert Forum
RASH ON INNER THIGH

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

RASH ON INNER THIGH

I HAVE HAD A RASHLIKE SPOT ONTHE INSIDE OF MY LEFT LEG FOR ABOUT A MONTH. IT IS CIRCULAR,DISCOLORED,REDISH PURPLE AND HAS A SLIGHT ITCH.
IT IS AT THE CREASE OF MY LEG THIGH AND SCRODUM AREA.
COULD THIS BE AMELINOMA IN THIS AREA?  OR COULD IT BE SCABIES
Joe:

Whatever it is, is certainly is neither melanoma or scabies.  This sounds more like an irritation or perhaps (unlikely) a fungus infection.

My advice is to apply some over-the-counter hydrocortisone once a day in the morning, and some clotrimazole (also OTC) at night.  If it's not gone after 2 weeks, show it to a doctor, but I bet it will be (gone.)

Best.

Dr. R
Avatar n tn
Over the course of the day, my inner thigh area begins to sweat and consequently that area begins to really chafe and is uncomfortable.  I think as a result of the chafe I have developed reddish streaks(about a cm long each) on the top of each inner thingh where my legs rub. If I rub my finger along the streaks I notice some depth as its not smooth. Do you know what this may be and how can I stop it?