Dermatology Expert Forum
RASHES OCCUR ON MY RIGHT ARM ITCHY AT TIMES

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

COULD THIS BE SHINGLES ? I AM 55 YRS OLD
Mr. Serio:

Shingles don't come and go.  They look like blisters, last two weeks, and go away.  You could have mild eczema, or a stress-related rash.  Perhpas you should show it to a doctor.

Dr. R
Mine is a question, I have had at times over the past 7 years severe itching on my arms, and the back of my neck. Although at time its consentrated on just my left or right arm, or the back of my neck. There is no physical indication that it's there but the itching drives me crazy, at times keeping me (and my wife)awake for hours. I've seen several doctors about this problem and they seem to want to give me something topical, when there is no rash or bumps. The itching seems to be very deep under the skin. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
My family is experiencing a strange rash that we can't seem to get a diagnosis that fits.  I got it first, then my husband and now my 14 year old daughter.  It starts on the inside or our right elbow, but will spread over the upper right arm and on to the right side of our upper torso (mine actually covered my stomach and chest, but was always worse on the right side).  It is very red and raised, but doesn't look like blisters.  It itches like crazy.  My physician originally throught it was an allergic reaction to something and treated it with antihistimines and aveno creme.  It helped the itching some, but the rash continued to break out even through I was on antihistimines.  I then went to a dermatologist who also thinks it is allergic and put me on prednasone and a different antihistimine.  It cleared up within about 48 hours, but then I had another smaller break out about a week later.  Overall it has lasted about 6 weeks so far.  My husband's covered his right side, upper torso, but didn't itch.  My daughter just broke out and her's looks more like mine did and is itching really bad.  I have a hard time believing that we are all having an "allergic reaction".  It would seem more likely that it's a virus or some type of organism since we (3 of us) have had it now.  Any ideas?
MY DAUGHTER HAS THE SAME PROBLEM PLEASE IF YOU HAVE FOUND OUT WHAT IT IS PLEASE LET ME KNOW IT IS WORRING ME TO DEATH. SHE BREAKS OUT ALL OVER LOOKS KIND OF LIKE THE MEASLES BUT NO FEAVER AND SHE ITCHES TO DEATH PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS LET ME KNOW.
I HAVE A RASH ON THE BACK OF MY LEFT ARM, AND I'M CONCERNED TO
WHERE IT MIGHT HAVE COME FROM.
I have itching that drives me mad on both arms.  I have had it for years now.  There is no rash but I scratch it so much it sometimes bleeds.  It seems to be worse around 8pm.  I use essential oils to help me sleep and they do ease the itching each night.  My father has the same condition.  It comes and goes.  Sometimes it disappears for weeks and then it comes back with a vengeance.  I have never seen a doctor because there is nothing for the doctor to look at.  Do you have any idea what the cause might be?
I have small patches of bumps on my upper arm.  They itch sometimes.  My skin color is tan and the patches look like white bump patches.  How can I get them off.  What do I put on them to go away.  Can you please help.
A related discussion, rash on right arm and stomach was started.