Dermatology Community
RED DRY CHEEKS
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

RED DRY CHEEKS

So I been using aveeno soap to wash my face and everything has been fine. But all of a sudden two day ago when i used it it made my face burn and very blotchy. Now it infected the left side of my face two. and even when i wash my face with just water it burns. What should I do??????
Related Discussions
  • Itchy face after face wash (1 replies):
    I noticed that I have irritated skin after face wash or ...[more]
  • help me (1 replies):
    i got a face rashes due to old cinthol soap
  • facial (1 replies):
    I am having some facial problems. My face is peeling, it...[more]
  • skin care (1 replies):
    hi ,how are you ..i have skin irritation in my face afte...[more]
  • itchy face (1 replies):
    my face has been itchy for more than a week all day long...[more]
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

Blank
I did a glycolic peel and now my face is irritated and appears to be all wrinkly. Like I've aged over night. Will this go away? I have an appointment with dermatologist, but wondered if anyone can help please. Can this peel cause wrinkles? Is it burned skin? Will it ever heal?

Thank you
Blank
4851940_tn?1385441629
I have found a web site that mentions side effects to Aveeno, this is what is says:

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction while taking emollients topical (the active ingredient contained in Aveeno) hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Stop using the topical emollient and call your doctor if you have severe burning, stinging, redness, or irritation where the product was applied.

Less serious side effects are more likely, and you may have none at all.

This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.

Have you been using anything else on your face as well as the Aveeno soap?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...