RED raised rash on arms and legs only

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

RED raised rash on arms and legs only

6574855?1295811916
my18 month old daughter has a rash that started off near her diaper area on her upper inner thigh. i tried every diaper rash cream i could think of, every lotion, bag balm, nystatin cream and 1% hydrocortison cream. but none of these seemed to clear up the red bumps. she has had no strep throat, no high fever and has not been exposed to any new detergents, animals, or diapers. concerned, i took her to her pediatrician. he said. welll im not 100% sure what this is. i will give you G.E.T. ointment and if it works it works, if it doesnt bring her back in a weeks time. GET ointment is an anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and sterriod cream. its usually prescribed for severe diaper rashes. (keep in mind this was not on her diaper area.it was *near* her diaper area on her leg.) i applied this cream on my daughter until i noticed that the rash was spreading down her legs only 3 days later. alarmed i took her to an Emergency Room doctor. he told me that it was just exema (eczema) and to apply a stronger sterriod cream on her. it was triamcinolone acetonide cream 0.025%. this did absolutely nothing for her. as a matter of fact the rash KEPT spreading. it spread all down her legs (both of them) and also started on her amrs as well. and she itches it like crazy!! so i took her to another pediatrician (not her normal dr) and he told me to treat the red bumps for scabbies. soooo i did. and well here we are today. the rash has not gone away and its spreadding all over her body EXEPT for the creases on her elbows and knees. it is also not on her belly, back, mouth or fingers. her inner thighs seem to only have a few of these bumps. but i am getting fed up with the doctors here in town. i would love to know what this rash sounds like. so i can help my little princess!
From the symptoms hives and viral rashes need to be ruled out. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can give some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and also apply steroid cream on the rash. If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

i took my little one to a dermatologist. and he said it was just dry skin???!! ohh im so frustrated with doctors around here.
he did not even look at the rash, wouldnt ask specific questions and then told me wellll you could treat her for scabies again. but I KNOW SHE DOESNT HAVE THAT!! sooo before we left his office he gave us some lotions and washes to use during the day and at bathtime. but other than that we did not get any answers.
but i am proud to report that the rash is no longer spreading, and in some spots her skin looks like it is improving. but she is still miserable. do you have any other suggestions for me?
Hi, I just read you post and wanted to know if you found out what the rash was. It sounds exactly like the rash my 16 month old has. I'm going through the same thing with DR. grrrr!
Atleat the earlier photo is typical of 'Papular Urticaria' due to mosquito bites or other inect bites (Hypersensitivity reaction).
Did it go away couple days or you found something that helped?