Dermatology Expert Forum
ROUND SPOTS ON FINGERS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

ROUND SPOTS ON FINGERS

I have had a small round spot on the middle finger on my right
hand for a couple of months.  The skin will peel in a circular pattern.  Then the skin heals and becomes a solid, smooth,red oval (almost to the point where fingerprint patterns are gone).
I didn't think much of it until a similar spot appeared on the thumb of my left hand.  The spot on my middle finger is now an
oval and about 1/2 inch in length.  Do you think this could be
ringworm?  It does not itch.  My children have had ringworm
but it was on their arms and didn't look the same.  Thanks for your help.
I'm afraid I have no real idea.  I doubt it's ringworm (fungus) though-more oikely to be mild eczema, therefore noncontagious.  If it isn't bothersome, I'd ignore it.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I believe I may have the same problem, I have had it for about 8 years.  Do you feel any tenderness under your skin?  Does it feel like small splinters?  After it peels there is a small round piece of skin under it, like a bullseye.  The pain goes away after it peels. Could you please tell me if you have had any of these symptoms?  My Dr's don't know what it is.  Thank you!
I really did not have any pain with it until today.  It felt like someone was stabbing me with a straight pin.  This was in the thumb area and the skin is about to peel again there.  It almost looks like there is something under it before it peels.  A darker very small round circle in several places appear (looks like it is deep under the skin) before the area peels.  I'm going to the doctor Friday.  I'll let you know what he says.
A related discussion, spot on finger was started.