Raised Rash/ Whelps on Back of Legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Raised Rash/ Whelps on Back of Legs

I have a raised rash or really whelps on the back of my thighs and buttom. Nothing on the front of my legs or any further then the back of my knee. Bright red raised whelps that are only visable first thing when I wake up and resolve and go away 5 or 6 hours later. There is no pattern I can find. One day it will be there and go away and won't come again for a couple of days, or a week. I haven't changed any fabric softner or laundry soap. No new medication either. Only recent medical problems I've had are valves in a vein that extends from my hip to my ankle. I've recently had an ablation surgery to close off that vein and have the blood re-routed to other veins, but the rash/ whelps still appear of both legs. It doesn't itch unless I scratch it, then it will itch for a little while and stop. There is no fever and they don't feel warm to touch.There will be a couple of round whelps on my belly and hip area but not clusters of whelps like my legs. I don't know why it's isolated to only the back of my legs/ mid section? Don't know why it only shows up ONLY first thing in the morning and goes away be afternoon. Just raised red large whelps in patchs. There is no contents within the bumps and they don't get dry or flake or seep fluid. Has anyone heard of this problem? If I don't have any suggestions from here I will probably goto the doc, I've taken pictures so I can show her what they look like if by chance I can't get in and the rash goes away before my appointment. Help!!! Need some answers!!