Raised Small Red Bumps around Eyes
My husband has been having skin rashes around his eyes, raised small red bumps, for several months and just won
I was just stopping by to see if there were any new posts, etc.

To the question of STD's, yes I did a complete screening using a home test kit. HIV, Hep B/C, all the bacterial stuff, HSV1/2. All negative, except HSV1, which of course is very common and something like 90% of the population has that virus by the age of 25 or 30.

Anyway, mine is basically coffee and/or sugar. I can almost set my clock by it. If I over do espresso or coffee, I will get a few red bumps. However, those usually go away within 24 to 48 hours. If I eat a lot of crap/junk food, same thing.

If I really go crazy, then I get red bumps on my thighs also. However, if I run out of cookies or sweets in the house, then my thighs clear up 100%. Pretty much the same for the skin around my eyes.

Good example: tonight I was dying for something chocolate, so I had two reeses big cups haha. I freaking love those things, but I seem to be super allergic to them for some reason now. I used to eat them like tic tacs, but now I can hardly touch them. Within 20 minutes of eating the first one, my skin broke out on my neck and arms. Even two hours later, I'm still all itchy. I mean really... can't a guy enjoy a freaking Reeses big cup now and then???

These days, I can pretty much get away with 1 shot of espresso every day or two. As long as I don't push it, the espresso doesn't tip me over the edge as far as any major red bumps around my eyes.

So these days, 98% of the time, I'm red bump free. It's only if I buy a box of cookies or eat too much chocolate or go crazy on coffee that I have some bumps show up. If that happens, then I just cut back and they go away within a day or two.

Like I say, I can almost set my watch by how reliable it is now.

One interesting thing I did want to note is this: Milk Thistle. I've noticed that if I take that for a day or two, it seems to help the bumps go away more readily or stay away a little bit more easily. Milk Thistle is supposed to help stimulate liver function and the liver helps detoxify your body. So I have to wonder if there is a link there.

I've also thought about donating blood, just to force my body to reproduce brand new blood. I'm not sure if that will make any difference, but it seems like it might not be a bad idea.

Oh also, I might have mentioned before... Niacin (the flush kind) is helpful in speeding up the healing process. I take 1 gram (i.e. two 500 mg caps) and that seems to help clear up red bumps much, much faster than normal.

Anyway, a couple of people mentioned that their red bumps aren't related to diet. I'm sure there are many reasons people have allergic reactions. However, I still submit that in many cases (maybe most cases) the cause can be traced back to what you are consuming. Try fasting. Try eating healthy and cutting out the junk and sweets and sodas - see if there is any difference.

Good luck!

Ray

Oh.. on the subject of dust mites. There might be something to that. In my house, I did notice that when I removed the synthetic carpet, some of my breathing allergies went away the next day. I used to wake up with horribly congested sinuses. I discovered the carpet was 100% polyester so I ripped it out throughout the top floor of the house. Since then, I can breath again.

I also bought a Dyson DC-25 and installed electro-static washable filters. I have Ionic breeze air cleaners also. I wash the filters once a month and vacuum about once a week. I also have this handy micro fiber mop thing that I found at costco, which does an amazing job picking up dust on the floors.

I still have two rooms downstairs with polyester carpet, but we spend most of our time upstairs. I'm getting ready to install hardwood floors throughout the entire house, which I think will help matters as far as dust, etc.

But yeah, when the house isn't dusty, it seems my body is able to handle things better. If the house gets dusty, then I feel like I'm more allergic to stuff in general.

I live out in the forest also, which means I'm in pollen central also, so that doesn't help much.

Definitely invest in a good quality vacuum and use it at least once a week. The Dyson is amazing and you can find them refrubrished on over stock ******* for pretty cheap. The one I bought looked brand new! Love that thing.. it sounds like a jet engine when you shut it down hehe :)

Ray
Hi Ray,

First of all, a huuuuuge congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! I have been following this post for many moths now and I'm so glad to hear you are feeling a lot better.  I too, have been suffering from red bumps around my eyes. To cut long story short, I went on candida diet and the bumps eventually dissapeared. I was bump free for about 8 months. In those 8 months I also gradually went from a very healthy diet to very bad diet of sugar (I just love sweet things!) and junk and guess what - the red bumps have appeared again! In addition to that, I started getting Rosacea on my face (this has been happening for over a year now but got worse in the last month). So, I went back on the very healthy diet and the bumps dissapeared and Rosacea got lot better.  Last weekend I went to a birthday party ans gorged myself on chocolate, pizzas etc and surprise, surprise I now have two red itchy bumps under my eyes. So, back on the diet again...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I wanted to ask you Ray, what do you eat??? Are you off sugar completely or do you still eat fruit? What do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? I am tired of non-sugar diet (the kind where I can't even have fruit) as I'm constantly hungry and feel under-nourished! Any tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Take care :-)
I found this paige when I was looking at the same problem.  Red bumps around my eye area.  The first dr. gave me westcourt cream a strong hydrocotazone.  It worked but always came back.  The next dr. gave me an expensive shingles cream.  It did nothing.  The third dr diagnosed me with a life long skin condition.  I asked her to scrap my rash and look at it under a microscope.  She gladly agreed and used a dull wooden stick  and took a sample.  She said fungi were jumping off the film.  I believe the final diaganosis was tiani incognito.  Or ring worm.  It did not look like the typical ring worm and didn't intch until the shingles cream.  The sample she took and looked at took 30 seconds!!  She gave me an over the counter antifunal cream.  No change until about day 9.  But it is going away now.  I'm thrilled!!  If not for the culture I would have had a lifetime of creams that didn't work.  I hope this can help you!
I wanted to post my own personal experience since I had run across this forum looking for a solution.  For 3 years I have had small red bumps with white puss around my eyes.  Some days would be worse than others.  Initially I went to the dermatologist and the Dr. said it was some kind of contact dermatitis.  She prescribed some creme which helped but it didn't make it go away.  So then I thought it was my makeup and switched my makeup and all my skin care products until I was down to very minimal and organic ingredients.  The bumps still didn't go away.  Then I thought it was the food I was eating, so I tried changing my food.  I cut out dairy and shugar.  I saw some improvements but no consistent results.  And then I was on vacation for one week and noticed my skin got better and realized it could be the water!  So I have been washing my face for 2 weeks with bottled water and have seen a drastic improvement. So far the bumps have stayed away. So after 3 years, I think I found my answer.  Hopefully this helps others out there too.
I have had same problem with red bumps around the eye yellow puss for one year.  I would constantly rub my eyes which made it worse.  I recommend cleaning the eye with a warm towel and then applying polysporin for the eye with a Qtip.  Using this method, the symptons vanished after one month, although a noticeable change should be noticed after a few days.
Almost one year on! No red bumps have been seen since! =D Hope everyone has had some success!
Hello.  I realize that is is now years since you posted about your 2year old son having these bumps by his eyes. My 2.5 year old  has had it for a few days now and was wondering if you ever figured out what it was? Thanks for your help! Julie smartsavvymama at gmail *******
Just happened to stop by this thread again. I'm happy to report that I'm 100% red bump free. I have given up using Coffee Mate, which seems to be the source of my allergic reaction.

Currently (and not bumps at all for quite a few months), I'm able to drink as much espresso as I wish (usually about 3-4 shots per day no problem) and also eat moderate amount of sugar (i.e. candy, chocolate, etc.) without any problems.

I also noticed that taking milk thistle and artichoke leaf extract pills (from whole foods) seems to help quite a bit.

I'm guessing it's a combination of eating more healthy and also cutting out the coffee mate.

Ray
red sore bumps and swollen in same time...it started around my eyes, then i can see 2 weeks later some more around my nose...i look horrible! never ever had any issue with my skin, I do not drink any coffee, didnt drink milk or ate cheese or yogurt for months...i generaly eat healthy...however i do eat more sweets as usual...might be also issue as if it is fungi, it really helps to feed that and grow...

I tried to use corticostereoid cream, little improvement...tonight i applied Fucibed cream which Ive got year ago for insect bites, should be treating fungi with antibiotic in it too. I pray for morning that I look better as on Tue I have interview for job...job hunting at the moment I need my face back!

I have read all this years post on here today... so ...
no matter what Ive tried today, I am going to buy this cream for athlete foot tomorrow plus some more things what should work what I found on here...

lets see...I will update in couple of days...
I really thought is is allergy for my make up eye removal from clarins....will go and buy some different too...however i do not think that would be an issue as so many children and men have it too...
******TREATMENT*******

hi to anyone who is looking for help. here is my update on my treatment.
as i said i tried few corticostereoid creams for few days and then fucibet cream, what is again stereoid-antibiotic. following morning after fucibet it was 50%improvement, however as there is so many side effects to corticostereoids including to get blind i would advise -DO NOT USE IT!

i definitely can confirm that issue causing it is FUNGI...
i tried cream- baktarin- miconazole nitrate 20mg per g- but it is written you should not use it around your eyes...i still did, but i could feel burning on my skin and my eyes were watering.

my last try was to go for Imazol plus cream. I would advise for you it should be the first option...i used it 3 times a day,very thin layer of that cream. results were instant....2 days later i am free finally and look normal again. although it is completely gone, i again advise to use this cream for a week. fungi are known to come back as they stay hidden in deeper skin tissue....( even fungi treatment for athlete's foot, they advise you to use even for 3 weeks after any symptoms are gone to kill it completely).

if you can not find Imazol, try to order it online, it cost around £3.50
otherwise you may try to find something similar... but this one does not burn my skin and my eyes does not water.
if you want to see your pharmacy, here are details what is inside of this cream exactly:

clotrimazolum 10mg, hexamidini diisethionas2.5mg in 1g of cream, (those are main ingrediences
also contains support ingrediences: dimetikon, oktyldodekanol, glycerolmonodisterate, stearomakrogol-250-stearate, stearomakrogol 10000,water.

I am not a doctor, so still watch for side effects if it is not fungi what cause it. if you have something different , it definitely wouldnt help you.

one more thing....i would ditto advise you at least minimalize your sugar intake, as that is what cause your skin to not balance and body going crazy with result - see yourself in mirror.
you do not need to do detox of your body...but reconsider and you can completely cut off any soft drinks, even it say it has no sugar. drink only pure water, you can add some fresh lemon juice and honey, cool it in fridge- it is lovely. no sugar for your tea or coffee...no alcohol, and guys of course no deserts, sweets of any kind.
once you are sorted and back to normal,have your once-a-week dessert, little chocolate, or glass or wine or beer,that wouldnt hurt...but dont go back to all those nasty soft drinks...and big amount of sweets.

good luck....:) for me happy days again

oh and your skin will heal and peal off. takes about week max x

tl;dr Monistat, use it!

So my story is similar to a lot of others.  The bumps appeared after a day at the waterpark, and I also may have been after a round of antibiotics.  It's hard to remember just when, it was in June, of last year.  So the bumps appear, and I have horrible skin to begin with, so I figure it's just some zits or dry skin, what ever...but then they don't go away.  I visit a dermatologist after a few months and I'm told I have an allergy to something in my environment.  I was prescribed a hydrocortizone ointment and told to try and figure out what was causing the issue.  So, I start on a regiment of removing different things from  my life.  I changed contact solutions, laundry detergents, foods, face cremes, etc...to no avail.  It seemed the only treatment was the ointment, but it only lessened the bumps never caused them to go away.  Then, I came to this website and read the recommendation for Monistat, so I tried it.  I bought the 7 day treatment, and put it on right away.  I put a lot on, almost the the point it looked like a mask around my eyes.  I did this for about three days, but my skin was so sensitive that this antifungal blitz caused my skin to break out and sting constantly. I used some of the cortizone cream for relief, but I now realize that was a mistake.  I'm not sure if the cream is contaminated or what, but I'll get to the in a bit. After the first go around of Monistat, my skin is in horrible condition, so I decide to let it go a few days before I try again.  My left eye, clears up pretty quickly with the bumps almost all the way gone, the right (which always seemed the worst of the two) was still inflamed slightly.  I put the coritzone cream on the right eye to lessen the pain, but put a tiny dab of Monistat on the remaining bump under my left eye.  After about a week, my left eye was clear, the right not so much.  I tried a method of Monistat at night, cortizone in the morning.  The bumps shrunk but would not go away.  I began to grow suspicious of the cortizone cream.  That if I put the cream on where the Monistat had burned my skin, they would be the site of the next outbreak of bumps.  I cut out the both treatments for a few days, to let my eye recover.  I started back with just a small bit of monistat on my eye.  The bumps slowly shrunk, the redness faded from them a bit every day.  However, they never really seemed to go away.   After about two weeks of this, I bumped up the amount of Monistat I was using, but still no where near the level of my first go around.  Within about two weeks, the bumps were almost gone from my right eye. Unfortunately, I went on antibiotics for a different reason about a week ago, so I'm scared my condition may come back. I ran out of monistat about that time (I only bought the one treatment, for this whole procedure) and I'm seeing how it goes.  

Overall, it has taken almost a year to get over this issue, but only about two months on Monistat.  If the bumps appear again, I believe I'll try the one day dose on Monistat, and hope the stronger concentration of the active ingredient can knock out the bumps faster.
JUST WANT TO SAY A HUGE THANKYOU, you've been a great encouragement and I find your post v honest and humorous, I've just in the past few weeks began a gluten free, sugar free, acid free diet and I used to be a coffee addict which I think is probably why, similar to others, my body is suddenly allergic to life :') CHANGE YOUR DIET PEOPLE, get to the root cause and use creams to resolve the appearance only. People like Ray just go to show how these days we are often better off without the doctors, atleast when it comes to skin, you cant Really be of assistance unless youve had a problem yourself, I've seen a million and one doctors and all you gain
is;antihistamines/steroid creams. I'm 17 yrs old and I love junk food but living without it has actually not been very hard but I guess it's because I'm so desperate to be well again, TRY IT, STICK TO IT AND SEE IF IT WORKS IM SURE IT SHALL. Don't ever ever ever believe it when people say there isn't a cure, there is, you just have to find it. Lots and lots of love to you all who are suffering, ive been stuck in my house for 6months with very very severe skin allergies i had to leave my college, it's a battle but we will overcome, thanks again Ray, a lot of people don't come back and post progress so you never really know if it worked or not, I hope you come back and see this so you Knw how grateful I am, all the best to you and your family
Hello folks,

I appreciate the inputs others have provided - it's a big help to all.  I had a red rash, including small bumps (pimple like) under both eyes for past 10 years.  Dermatologist prescribed cortisone, then eventually Protopic after years of cortisone use (not good!). Both these ointments controlled/mostly eliminated the redness for many years.  However, these products lost their effectiveness in the last couple of years and didn't do much to prevent/control the redness.   I went to a naturopath doctor looking for solutions.  I went Gluten free - this helped reduce/eliminate some minor skin eczema on my body, but the redness beneath the eyes remained.  I then followed a diet/Candida treatment to rid myself of possible Candida.  This did the trick - the redness disappeared in approximately 3 months. I continue to follow a wheat/gluten free, dairy free and low sugar diet.  No more issues with eczema or redness beneath the eyes.  I firmly believe that diet is the root cause of most skin manifestations.  
Ok, I found the answer to red pimple under eye!  Went through a thousand blogs! No one knew what this was...no one got better for any length ...one person stopped using toothpaste ! One in a thousand! It worked..took a few days to heal completely for my son. There is a toxin in it that causes this rash...pimples...swelling red...under eye! No kore toothpaste! No it's not the floride...it's another poison, not listed...it's even in tom's....you can look it up on line sodium laurel sulfate...it's in everything....that bubbles...but it makes animals go blind...it's used as insecticide but is in toothpaste and baby shampoo...they lie and say it's natural but it's as natural as another insecticide...starts from coconut...they change the molecules, turns it to poison...anyway...no toothpaste , no rash....
DO YOU USE FACE WASH?
I get the same red bumps but I only get it under my eyes. They go completely away when I stay off the dairy and gluten. I have been put on a 6 week diet eating normal food to see if im coeliac or not and im on week two and my face is not looking pretty. ***** coz my birthday is next week :(
Hi Ray,

I just wanted to say thanks. I have had these red bumps under my eyes for 3 weeks now. Mainly on my left eye, but slightly on my right.  I have been trying to slowly eliminate all of my moisturizers, lotions,etc.  I tried all kinds of creams to get rid of this to no avail.  I have been using hydrocortisone and calamine lotion. They seems to help, but it always come back. (Its back)  Well I'm glad you mentioned Candida. Its a big possibility.   I am also a big sugar fan. I love my coffee and creamer and I use Tom of Maine Toothpaste. Very strange. Maybe I was meant to read this. I am going to investigate. I hope my coffee is not the culprit.   But something tells me its the creamer.  I am addicted to (Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha).  I love my cream and tons of sugar in my coffee. Wish me luck. Thanks again. Amy  
Hi Ray,

I've been having this same problem for about three months now.  The only thing that took it away was anti-fungal cream (Lotrimin), but, as others have said, when I stopped using the cream, the rash would just come back.

Long story short:  I tried applying Listerine (Original) all around my eyes, including my eye brows and eye lashes three times a day, and it's working!  After a week the rash is almost completely gone.  Listerine is full of natural anti--fungal oils--I'd read about it as a more natural cure for treating athletes foot (also a fungal infection) and thought I'd give it a try.  It doesn't irritate my eyes, and it hasn't dried out my skin.  Unlike anti-fungals creams, I wouldn't be concerned about using it long-term either.  Try it!!
Okay, so even though it's been less than a week since I reported having luck battling this rash with Listerine, I now have to revise my initial post.  Although the Listerine initially seemed to be taking away the rash, the red bumps have now returned around one eye and actually gotten much worse around the other.  (Plus, I got the Listerine in my eye once and it really hurt--ouch!).  

So, even though I said "Try it!!" in my last post, I now have to (disappointingly) change that to "Don't try it!!"  Definitely not worth it.

If anybody else has any tips on how to treat this, I'd love to hear them.  This is really starting to get me down.
What brand magic Cream is everyone using?

I have had small red bumps under my eyes and in the corner with a deep crease/rash under my left eye. I quit drinking coffe/coffee mate and seem's to be getting better but would like some Magic cream around the house..Rash duration is about 2 months, somes days better then others. Also for about 2 weeks had itching/flaking skin under the eyebrow but above the eye. That resolved on it's own early on..

LMK, Thanks, Ryan
Success!!

Disclaimer:   I have no way of knowing if either Listerine or Calendula essential oil is safe to use near the eyes.  I have gotten Listerine in my eye, and it stings (badly).  All essential oils are potential eye irritants and should not be gotten in the eye. The skin around the eyes is different than the skin in other areas of the body.  It's far more sensitive and more susceptible to irritation and damage.  From what I have read, neither Listerine nor Calendula essential oil are approved for use around the eyes.

What worked for me:  I mixed 2 drops of pure Calendula essential oil with one bottle of Listerine Original (500 mL size).  After shaking vigorously each time to distribute the oil, I applied a few drops of this mixture directly to the rash three times a day with a clean finger.  Within two days, the rash was noticeable improved.

I had been using just Listerine Original in the same way for several weeks with limited success.  The rash had mostly cleared up around my left eye (where it originally started), but was remaining about the same around my right eye (where it had eventually spread).  Within two days of adding the drop of Calendula oil, the rash was vastly improved and almost gone from both eyes.

I have read good things about Calendula for this rash (periorbital dermatitis) on several sites.  Some people had success with Calendula cream.  One woman had success with applying apple cider vinegar to the rash, letting it dry and then applying Calendula cream.  For me, any oils or creams were just making the rash worse.  The only thing keeping the rash at bay for me was the Listerine.  Adding the 2 drops of Calendula oil was the thing that finally took the rash from being kept at bay to being vastly improved.

Again, this is what worked for me, but everyone's skin is different.  Neither Listerine nor Calendula essential oil has been approved for use near the eyes.  Both may be unsafe for use around the eyes.  They did not irritate the skin around my eyes, but, like I said, everyone's skin is different.  The Listerine did sting when I got it in my eye.  I have never gotten the Calendula essential oil in my eye.  All essential oils are potential eye irritants and should never be used in the eye.

And, yes, in case anyone is wondering, this is FungasFace again (and, boy, do I regret that username!).  I couldn't find my password, so I switched to a (much nicer) username.  Good luck to everyone!  I hope you all find a treatment that works for you!

Some things that did not work for me:  Apple cider vinegar, baby shampoo, olive oil, garlic oil, garlic juice, onion juice, coconut oil, tea tree oil diluted with water, manuka honey, antifungal or cortizone cream (both worked initially, but the rash came right back after I discontinued use), jojoba oil mixed with Calendula essential oil, Listerine by itself.
So, it's been slow going, but my rash continues to improve.  It's completely gone from beneath my left eye (where it originally started) with only a few small spots on my left eyelid.  It's completely gone from beneath my right eye (where it was the worst) with some still on my right eyelid and a little just to the side.  I have continued to use the Listerine mixed with Calendula and have seen slow but tremendous progress.  Feeling positive that the rash will be completely gone within the next month!
have you ever been diagnosed with allergies? Sounds like Psoriasis on your head.
Make an appointment with a dermatologist!
SIMPLE QUICK CURE  - FOR 40yo Male who had annoying rash like reoccurring  RED SORES AROUND EYES only for about 3 months.  Came up out of the blue...tried many things...researched like mad...read about Violet extract (it's a brown liquid..comes in brown bottle yellow label)..I used herb pharm brand. Dab a little on the sores and whole surrounding area using some droplets on a tissue. DONT get in eyes... but fine on eyelids etc... dries in seconds. Apply 3 times a day...big improvement  in days...gradually went all together over about 3 weeks.

I'm 9 months on now Zero reoccurance....I'm cured. NB: I read a lot of stuff here, I have deliberately waited till I was certain I was cured...people like anything that HELPS... but ALL want a cure..I'm finally CURED and have my life back! We are all different, this may not work for everyone, you may have the same symptoms but a different cause than me...but PLEASE TRY THIS.
Best of luck to all.
I just wanted to post on here to let everyone know my story and the solution I found.  I had the red bumps on the corner of my left eye, they would come and go, a little itchy at first then scab over, disappear, and repeat.  Definitely not pimples.  They just all of a sudden appeared, with no prior history of having this, and I had them for about 6 months.  I read through this entire posting searching for a solution.  Someone mentioned something about an allergy, and I thought maybe this was the case for me as well.  So I began systematically removing things from my diet to find out what I was allergic to.  I found that I was allergic to the multivitamin that I was taking.  After I stopped taking the multivitamins, the red bumps completely disappeared.  If I start taking the multivitamin again, the bumps will appear again a few days later without fail.  I suggest to everyone, that you try to find out what it is in your diet that you are allergic to, without having to take prescription drugs and use expensive creams, etc.  Could even be something you are applying to your body that you are allergic to, like deodorant, shampoo, soap, hand lotion, etc. Good luck!!
I am suffering with red hives under my eyes over 6 wks now. I thought it was a reaction to eyelash extensions I had done but now I am thinking it is related to sugars. I am going to try reduce sugar intake and see how it goes
The rash around my eyes is gone!!  It's been about three weeks now, and I've stopped using anything on it.  It's completely cured!!  I do have a little bit around my nose (which is new), but I've been putting the Listerine/Calendula solution on it and it's helping.

Best of luck to all of you in finding what works best for you!!
Very interesting posts, Ray.  I have started seeing red bumps around my eyes and am reading your posts with great interest.  Could be dairy or sugar in my case.  Thank you.
I am so grateful for your input Ray! I am a little befuddled. I have been paleo and eating totally clean/organic, sugar-free for almost two years, and my red eye bumps, which sound just like yours, started up about 3 months ago. After reading your comments, I have cut out my beloved raw milk, just in case. The only thing that has helped at all is monistat, but it just keeps it at bay, isn't curing it. Since I'd been eating clean for about a year and a half before this started due to longstanding issues with migraine and hives, I'm just at a loss as to what I can do. I've now cut out even natural sugars, like fruit and raw honey, to see if that helps, but I honestly didn't eat much of it before anyway. Just wanted to add my two cents. I firmly believe that most maladies are diet/nutrition related and have benefited immensely by my diet changes, so not knocking it at all, just wondering what the heck is going on with me then.  I've pretty much decided doctors are useless as none could help me when I first started this journey, and most still don't understand how I've cured myself of all kinds of ailments with diet alone. Anyway, just wanted to add my two cents as I battle this thing. Right now, just started a parasite cleanse, just in case it's contributing, and when I'm done, will probably do a pretty intense candida cleanse as well.
What most of you are describing is called Perioral Dermatitis. There is no known cure and no known cause. It used to be known as Periorificial Dermatitis.

While I understand the frustration and the embarrassment the ailment causes as I have it, nobody (experts) can tell you what brings it on. Allergies, Immune system suppression, Bacteria, Virus, Fungus are all suspects for everyone but if you try and treat your ailment with the shotgun approach, you will certainly be more frustrated.

Grasping at straw methodology of diagnosis provides very little correlation for a remedy if any.

Ive read many testimonies of people trying creams, diet changes, cosmetic changes, anti-fungals etc. The reality is, there is no cure and you need to see a competent dermatologist.

If you are diagnosed with Perioral Dermatitis, you will most likely be prescribed a low dose antibiotic which is not designed to kill any bacterias (its too low dose to do that) but is designed to attack the inflammation which is the symptom and some sort of eye cream like Protopic.

If you are using ANY steroid based creams, stop immediately. While they provide temporary relief from the dermatitis they actually make it worse when you stop using it and long term use has horrible consequences.
I went looking for an answer for these red bumps and found it here on this forum! It seems clearly that there is a link among most of us with eye bumps of dairy (creamers) + sugar. I use both far too much especially recently.
Knowing from other research that excess sugar causes yeast to grow, I believe this is (part of) the answer. Regarding the creamer, dairy is believed by many not to be healthful for humans and to increase allergies in the human body as well as increase mucus production. Many babies with eczema and other skin issues are prescribed to stay off cows milk and drink rice or soy milk instead. FYI, that whole "Drink Milk" campaign is put out by the Dairy Manufacturers Board. (Yes the same corporation who makes trillions of dollars from dairy sales! So of course they want you to think milk is great for you when it may not really be. Google and watch documentaries about milk production in the US and you will see that I mean.)
Anyway, I wanted to just put in my vote for sugar or dairy being the culprits for these mysterious red eye bumps which I too developed under my eyes over the last couple of weeks while consuming way more sugar and dairy creamer than usual. I plan to cut back and will repost a follow up in a week or so.
Thanks for the prolific posts, Ray! So helpful...
Demodex mites may be something to have a look at as the cause of this!
I don't know if this would help anyone, but I healed mine in a few days with terramycin ointment (from pfizer to be exact). I'm not sure what's causing this, but before I had it, I consume some alcohol which is most likely the culprit.
I've had this problem of red bumps on the outside corner of my eyes for years and tried several things to get rid of them including Hydrocortisone cream.

After reading your post, I decided to try an antihistamine at bedtime.

Because I sometimes get vertigo from fluid in my ears caused by allergies, I keep Bonine on hand to take for it. Last night, I took a Bonine before bed and when I woke up this morning, the bumps were gone. All of them.

There may be several causes for these bumps, but in my case, it's definitely allergies.
Thank you for sharing!!! Have been having the same issues for a few months now... I am a vegan but for the eggs I eat each day as my one source of animal protein... i have been having several a day and your comment about the eggs being a possible source may have just hit the nail on the head.  I was initially thinking yeast as well so I plan to do a natural homeopathic to address any possible yeast issues and stop the eggs for a while an see what happens.  I work with children and deal with food allergies all the time, I have changed my children's diets and my own dramatically over the years and am shocked this never came to mind!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing!!!
YogaOT
Hi RVr2  I seem to be having the same symptoms. You mentioned going to a doctor...If you do receive a diagnosis and treatment plan can you please share with me.   Would you e-mail me anything important?  ***@**** .
I have became really red around 1 eye and there are lumps on it my mum just says its spots cause  im a teen but i know its not spots because it stings when i touch it and becomes really hot when i try to clean my face with wipes my mum wont do anything about it so does anyone have tips/ ways top stop it
SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND SPARE YOURSELF THE SUFFERING!!!

Short answer: It's a fungal infection.  You can get Clobetasol Propionate Crean 0.05% for about $5 bucks/tube and it's gone in one day. Or less likely, it's a yeast infection in which case you can use the same cream and get the same results, or you can use one pill of Diflucan or you can buy Monistat 3 over the counter, but I consulted with MANY docs, many docs who are my long time friends, and they say just go with Clobetasol.

Long answer:  Ray's trials and tribulations point in the right direction. Eat healthy and exercise. However, I am a vegan and exercise daily, yet this nasty little infection will not be solved by lifestyle changes once the infection has set in. Once you clear it, yes, the lifestyle choices the Ray put forth are VERY valuable not only in preventing this, but preventing a very long list of avoidable negative health effects of eating the typical American diet.

Here are my observations about the things I read in this thread:

1- Alcohol does not help, so avoid it (for this and many reasons)
2- Coffee does not help, it only makes it worse.
3- Sugar does not help, it only helps to feed Candida and also slowly kill your body, so avoid it.
4- Steroids (Lotemax et al) in your eye WILL NOT HELP, and your eyesight will begin to go from good to bad to worse.  I saw an Ophthalmologist and he gave me many expensive drops that diminished my eyesight, and never solved anything in the short or long run. DO NOT SEE AN EYE DOCTOR, THEY WILL JUST GUESS AT STUFF REPEATEDLY AND GIVE YOU STEROIDS TO MASK THE PROBLEM which weakens the eye and the skin around the eye, and it's NOT AN EYE INFECTION IT IS A SKIN INFECTION
5 - If you see a dimwit Dermatologist you will most likely go through the same steroid-based treatment which weakens the skin and never "cures" the problem. Specifically, do not apply Hydrocortisone, Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfate and Dexamethasone Ointment THESE WILL NOT GET RID OF THE FUNGAL INFECTION. Likewise, they may say it's a form of Herpes and give you Acycolvir Ointment and if it's a fungal infection you will get the same results I did, none.

In short, AS SOON AS YOU CAN:
CLEAN YOUR SKIN (twice a day)
DRY OUT YOUR SKIN THOURUGHLY (everytime)
THEN DRY OUT YOUR SKIN FROM THE INSIDE WITH ANTIHISTAMINES LIKE CLARITIN
AND APPLY CLOBETASOL PROPIONATE CREAM AND YOU WILL BE FREE FROM THE HELLISH, EMBARRASSING, PSYCHOLOGICALLY DAMAGING NIGHTMARE OF GOING FROM DOCTOR TO DOCTOR FROM MONTHS OR YEARS TRYING THIS AND THAT. ATTACK IT AS A FUNGAL OR YEAST INFECTION, PERIOD.

ONCE YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL, DON'T STOP, MAKE YOUR SKIN UNINHABITABLE FOR FUNGUS BY BEING RELIGIOUS ABOUT CLEAN, DRY SKIN WITH ANTI FUNGALS AND CHANGE YOUR DIET TO AVOID SIMPLE SUGARS THAT FUNGUS LOVES.

I HOPE THIS SPARES EVERYONE FROM THE TORTURE.

EAT SMART, EXERCISE, AVOID ALCOHOL AND LIVE WELL!

PEACE
I have had the same issues with these sore little bumps around my eyes. After months of searching everywhere for an answer to what they were I found out it was a form of dermatitis. All it took to clear them up was a 2 week course of antibiotics, not using any products on my face (exfoliants, harsh cleansers, toners, heavy moisturisers, ect), and switching to a soap free cleanser.
Whatever you do, stay away from any steroid creams! They seem to feed these bumps and keep them coming back.
I took the antibiotics back in November 2015 (roughly 2 months ago), made the changes with the products I use on my face and haven't had any issues since.
I know how horrible these things are so I hope this post helps:)
I wonder if this is my issue. I had laser eye surgery and a side effect is often dry eyes. I mentioned this to my eye doctor and she stated to continue using eye drops as needed. As I never used to have dry eyes, I find it tiresome to have to continuously use them and had stopped. Over the last month or so, I have found these tiny red bumps mostly under and at corner of my eyes. Sometimes barely there and sometimes more visible....I started using a humidifier in our room and will go back to drops, my eye doctor also suggested adding OMEGA-3s, Not all OMEGA 3s are created equal though to be of benefit it should apparently have at least, EPA 400MG, DHA 300MG, DPA 70MG...I think I will try that as well. She also suggested drinking more water.
Hi Clint, I was wondering what kind of antibiotics you took? I've had this problem for over two years, my eye doctor prescribed ciprofloxacin eye drops, which clears it up while I'm using them but never makes the bumps really go away.
seem to have the same and this is what I believe it is

Perioral dermatitis is a common skin rash that mainly affects young women. The rash affects the skin around the mouth. Use of a steroid cream on the face seems to trigger the condition in many cases. Treatment includes stopping the use of all creams and ointments to the face, including cosmetics and topical steroids. A 6- to 12-week course of antibiotics may be advised, which often clears the rash.

What is perioral dermatitis?
Perioral dermatitis is a rash that develops around the mouth. The word perioral means 'around the mouth'. Dermatitis means 'inflammation of the skin'.

What is the rash like?
PERI-ORAL DERMATITIS -ON FACE (AND ACNE)
Typically, small red or pink lumpy spots develop on the skin anywhere around the outside of the mouth. That is, they may appear on the chin, cheeks, and the skin next to and below the nose. They look a little like acne spots, but perioral dermatitis is not acne. The skin under and next to each spot is often red or pink. It there are a lot of spots next to each other, then the area of affected skin can just look red and lumpy. Sometimes the skin surface can become dry and flaky.

Typically, the skin just next to the lips is not affected, or is affected much less than the skin just a little further away from the lips. So, in some cases, it looks like the rash forms almost a ring around the mouth, but sparing a small border of skin next to the lips. Occasionally, the skin around the eyes is also affected.

The severity of the rash can vary from a few minor spots that are barely noticeable, to a definite and obvious lumpy rash that is around the mouth. The rash is not usually painful or itchy. However, some people report a mild burning or itchy feeling. Others report that the affected skin feels tense. The rash is not serious and is not associated with any underlying disease. However, it can be unsightly.

What causes perioral dermatitis?
The exact cause is not clear. However, in many cases the rash seems to be triggered by one or more of the following:

Steroid creams and ointments are a main trigger. See below for details.
Make-up, cleansers and cosmetics applied to the area affected on the face. It may be that certain ingredients of cosmetics may act as the trigger. For example, one study found that make-up foundation seemed to be a particular provoking factor.
Physical factors such as strong winds and ultraviolet (UV) light.
Fluorinated toothpaste has been suggested as a possible trigger.
Yeasts and germs (bacteria) that live on the skin and in hair follicles have been suggested as a possible trigger. (However, perioral dermatitis is not just a simple skin infection.)
Hormone factors may play a part, as some women find that the rash becomes worse just before a period.
The oral contraceptive pill may be a factor in some cases.
Recently, a study has found that some sun creams used on the face may be a trigger for perioral dermatitis in some children and adults. A liquid, gel or light milk sunscreen may be the best to use.

Related discussions
ma1116
Armpit Rash, recurring
ma1116
1replies
FelixA7
Airborne Allergic Contact Dermatitis
FelixA7
3replies
kameron54664
How do i get rid of my eczema scars???
kameron54664
8replies
Start a discussion
Perioral dermatitis and steroid creams and ointments
There is a well-known link between using a topical steroid (steroid creams, gels, ointments, etc) and developing perioral dermatitis. Many cases develop soon after using a topical steroid on the face for another condition such as mild eczema. Without realising you are doing so, you may even rub some steroid on your face if you are treating another part of your body with a topical steroid. For example, you may scratch the treated area of your skin (say, your elbow), and then, without realising you are doing so, rub the finger used for scratching on to your face.

Topical steroids can also clear a mild patch of perioral dermatitis temporarily. Some people will have tried a steroid cream that can be bought at pharmacies to treat what they think is mild eczema. However, as soon as the rash clears and the steroid is stopped, the rash reappears, only even worse. This can get into a vicious circle as they may then put more steroid cream on to clear the new rash, which may clear again. They may stop the steroid again but then the rash comes back even worse, etc.

Who gets perioral dermatitis?
Almost all cases occur in young women, most commonly between the ages of 20 and 45 years. It is thought to affect up to 1 in 100 women at some point in their life. Perioral dermatitis is uncommon in men and children. However, as the number of men using facial skin products increases, the number of men with perioral dermatitis is increasing.

What is the treatment for perioral dermatitis?
Without treatment, the condition may last for months or years. However, the following treatments can usually help to clear the rash. However, it may take some time for the treatment to work.