Dermatology Expert Forum
Raised bumps, pimples on scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Raised bumps, pimples on scrotum

A few months ago I notice two or three bumps at the base of my penis.  At first they just seemed to be red bumps, but then they formed white centers.  I thought that they were just puss-pimples, but when I pressed one, it bled.  I left then alone, and eventually they went away in that area, but appeared in another area.  I don't know if they spread, but more have appeared in the past few months.  They seem to start as red pock marks, sometimes with a small white center, and then they seem to fill with white fluid to a decent size (maybe 3mm), but they are fairly tight and hard to the touch.  They mostly appear on my scrotum, and when marks do appear on the shaft, they don't grow as large or raise out as far.  The head of my penis is completely unaffected.  Two such bumps have also appeared on my lower stomach.  They began as small, fluid-filled bumps with a red ring, and now they are larger, hard bumps, that also will bleed.  One of the bumps on my scrotum seemed to eventually grow to 4-5mm and soften, then it crusted over and subsided.  So that seems to be its natural course, but still more are appearing and the problem is persistent.  I haven't had sex in about 5 months, and I was tested for syphilis, chlamydia, and gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) since then, and came up negative.  I've also never had unprotected sex, but I know that this does not preclude me from contracting an STD.  I'd like to be able to rule out Herpes and Warts.  What does this condition sound like, and what type of doctor should I see?
This doesn't sound like any condition, just small cysts that you're squeezing.  These are a normal part of the anatomy of the penis, and should be left alone.  Please leave them alone and show them to your doctor, so you'll know for sure what they are.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, pimples on scrotum was started.
A related discussion, bubble in my ball sack was started.