Raised bumps/blotches on face and neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Raised bumps/blotches on face and neck

Have been getting white, sometimes red, raised bumps on one side of my face and on the other side of my neck for about 2 years.  They don't go away quickly.  I went to Dermatologist #1 and was told it was acne and given prescription benzoil peroxide lotion.  Did not help the bumps much, and dried my skin (I'm 59 y/o).  About a year later tried Dermatologist #2. The bumps at that time were quite large, so a biopsy was done to rule out lupus.  Biopsy was negative.  As I also have had intermittent itchy bumps on my upper arms (was told it was eczema) and prescribed steroid cream, Dermatolgist #2 gave me a different steroid gel to use on my face and neck.  Did not help the bumps on face and neck.  The bumps seem to come and (somewhat) go, but are mostly present.  Very frustrating.  They don't itch, but become flaky as they flatted and go away.  It takes several weeks for the reddness to fade.  Can have clear skin for a few weeks (which is wonderful), then the bumps will reappear for no known reason.  They always reappear on one side of my face and the other side of my neck.  ANY SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS would be very much appreciated before I try a third Dermatologist consultation which I really can't afford now.
Tags: raised
It can be due to contact dermatitis, allergic reaction and the small bumps can be due to folliculitis skin. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful for the red bumps.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.