Raised bumps on end of leg.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Raised bumps on end of leg.

I need advice for treatment on a recurring skin issue. I keep getting raised bumps on the bottom of my legs after wearing ankle boots or socks and they itch. My skin is very slow to heal and the red marks hang around for ages. Can you advise a cream that helps heal and maybe fade red marks?
It can be a Golfer’s vasculitis heat rash or sweat dermatitis. It often starts above the sock line and makes red patches and splotches up the calf. In that case, taking bath with cold water after staying in the sun or applying cold wet towels may help.

You may apply calamine lotion and cool compresses on the rash. It may help. You may also take some OTC antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin.

Please see your dermatologist if the condition does not improve.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.