Raised follicles around groin and anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Raised follicles around groin and anus

Since the beginning of puberty the hair follicles around my groin and anus seem to mildly blocked or inflamed and very itchy at times. It hasn't affected hair growth at all. I've had it for years and years now and it's not really debilitating and as it's quite a personal thing I never got it checked out. I had it before being sexually active and so I'm pretty sure it's not an STD, and none of my parters have ever shown symptoms. I remember bursting one of these "things" (they're really tiny so I'm not sure what to call them, smaller than the small spots I used to get on my face) and it seemed to be a small amount of pus or something inside. I also have a dry sort of "chicken skin" on the top half of my arms which I have had since early childhood and was wondering whether this could be anything to do with it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!