Raised mole on areola...
To whom this may concern:

i am a 31y female with a small, dark, raised mole oval in shape on my areola. It has been there for several years with little change. edges are smooth. Perfectly symetrical, but dark & raised. I'm just wondering if i should have a dr. take a look at it or if it sounds like a benign mole. I've read so many different things about moles that i just want to make sure i do what is necessary to make sure what i have is not problematic! I do not have any other moles anywhere else...just some cherry hemanginomas. Please help!
Thanks!
From the symptoms that you have mentioned that the edges are smooth and it has shown no changes,it looks like a mole only. If you notice changes in the mole's color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful. Otherwise it should be left as such.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.