Dermatology Expert Forum
Raised mole on shoulder
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Raised mole on shoulder

Hi Doctor.  I am 40 years old and noticed a raised mole on my shoulder when I was pregnant last year.  I'm unsure if it is a "new" mole, or if it was previously a flat mole.  It is about the size of a pencil eraser, medium brown in color, asymmetric.  It has never bled, scaled or itched. I did spend a lot of time in the sun and tanning beds when I was younger, have fair skin/blue eyes, and did have several blistering sunburns when I was a child/teen.  
The mole has not changed over the past year since my son was born -- I expected it to flatten out over time after delivery.  I did see my PCP and a dermatologist about it.  They both recommended watching it over the next six months to a year.  I saw a plastic surgeon about another matter and showed it to him -- he recommends removal, since it is raised.  I would appreciate your opinion.  Thank you.