Random Brown Spots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Random Brown Spots

Me and my boyfriend have been intimate for about 6 months. Before we even started to, me, him, and his parents were aware of some spots he got on his skin. He's had them since he was 6. They're white and a bit flaky and some are even brown but not flaky. We all believe that it was from him going into the pool at the time (which would explain the white flaky spots). The brown ones are a bit odd. Now I happen to have them.

The first time they appeared was under my breasts, yet, they went away with time. Then two appeared on my neck, and also went away with time. Two then appeared on my forearm, but they're still there. Now I have about 20 all over my neck. There's a slit chance that I can be pregnant. I thought maybe it can be hormonal, but, this was happening even before. He took a blood test just recently and is getting the results in a few days.

Could it be an STD? Could it be because of pregnancy? Could it be a health problem? Is what he has even contagious?  Help please!
In your boyfriend’s case the possibility os pityriasis versicolor is important to be ruled out. In your case apart from this possibility, pityriasis rosea also needs evaluation. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

I suggest you to get these possibilities ruled out from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.