Random Short Term Rash. Very Itchy
For the last month or two, I have noticed that my skin breaks out in a rash (bumps like hives kinda) but only in one little area at a time (my calf, my shoulder, forearm, stomach, butt, back of my bicep) but never all over at one time . There will be welps and it is very itchy. so itchy that I have scratched myself until I bleed. I have been watching to see if anything I eat makes it happen or worse but I can't seem to find any connection. It definitely seems to be worse at night. I think it is an allergic reaction to something because if I take a Benadryl it seems to ease off. I shower everyday and scrub extra good. Hygene is not an issue. I am at my ropes end here. Please help if you have any knowledge to this problem.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but from the symptoms,it looks like hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.

Take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine(Zyrtec) or Loratadine(Claritin to get symptom relief. Sedating antihistamines such as Chlorphenamine(Benadryl) are used at night to get urticaria control. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.Also apply calamine lotion and a mild steroid cream on the bumps.
You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine.

If the symptoms persist then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.

I am having the same skin prblems with the intermittent hives/rash in differen areas of my body for short durations. Did it go away fro you?