Random bites

I have been getting bitten, look like insect bites, with a raised point in the middle, red with outer ring.  Due to my sensitive skin condition, I get some sort of reaction to some of the bites, depending on the area of my skin where this happens.  I've had bites on my leg, thigh, waist, neck, arms. underarms and ears.  There are about 50+ bites in total so far.

It first started about 6 months ago, I got average of 5 bites each time, over the course of 2 months or so.  I went to see my doctor, he doesn't know what it was, but the bites stopped, without taking anything!  Just this morning, I got up with 5 bites - two on my waist, two on my collarbones, one on my right arm!  The bites are itchy with burning sensation(inflammed?), red with an outer ring.  It usually reduces its itchiness on the second day and will stop feeling itchy after a week or so.  It then  leaves a black mark due to pigmentation of my skin.  They don't go away.  I have been using Anthisan cream, which stops the itchiness for about 10/15 mins, I just keep on applying it.

I know I can't help to have bad reaction to the bites and to have marks. I would like to know how to prevent from being bitten by don't know what.  Where should I start to find out what is bitting me?

I have included a picture of the new bite (mild) near the old ones.  I would be very greatful for anyone that could help.

Many thanks.
I also been getting bites just like yours and i was wondering if you ever found out what it was. This has been going on for the last 2 months and they left scars all over my stomach area. I wish i knew what it is....it's so frustrating !!!!  
Check in for bedbugs (Cimicosis).
For your symptoms the possibilities of allergy, body lice and bed bugs should be ruled out. Scabies is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.
Till then take some antihistaminic like Benadryl and apply a mild steroid cream on the itchy bumps. Also wear cotton clothes and use mild soaps like Dove.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have been experiencing this same situation. Had exterminators in, they didn't find anything. Anyone have an answer?
I have also been having this same issue. Started about six weeks ago. First I had 3 bites on my neck that were extremely itchy. The next night I stayed over at my mother's and got about 5 bites in a circle on  my rt leg and 3 in a line on my forearm. Totally random. bites seem to itch intensely for 1 to 2 days and never really itch again. 3 days later I had 4 bites in a row on my forearm. I suspected bed bugs. Looked everywhere deep cleaned and never had a trace of bugs except for a few of those ladybug type beetles. Anyway every few days I get a few more. I get them at the place where I work, they come out when I'm out and about too. So not always at night and my husband has not had any of this. Weird is these "bites"  seem to go down gradually but the skin is still reddish and slightly raised for weeks where the "bite" was. I have had scabies before from a daycare and have gotten hives before. This is not the same thing. Now I have a couple on my forehead..this is driving my crazy. HELP!