Dermatology Community
Random scabs appearing on legs, thighs, feet and buttocks
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Random scabs appearing on legs, thighs, feet and buttocks

For the last few months or so random scabs have been appearing on my legs, thighs, tops of my feet, and buttocks. One appeared on my arm but it healed. Most recently, a small, black, round scab appeared on my right leg. They are not from injuries - I have not injured myself at all in the past few months. I am wondering what they could possibly be. Could it be eczema, or something else? Has anyone else experienced something like this?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the sites, body lice should be ruled out. Scabies is another possibility but it effects the hands more. Scabs can be due to unknowingly scratching at night. Treatment for both is the same. Wash the Clothing, bedding, and towels in hot water and dry them in sun after machine drying them. Topical permethrin or Lindane cream may be needed which are available by prescription only.
I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated so as to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
hi im 21 i have red bumbs on the inner thighs. on my leggs and on the buttocks... also 3 red bumps on the base of my penis (not on the head part)-im so scared i had this for 3 months went to the docter 2 months ago .. the docter said it was'folliticults' something like that .. it goes awas then come back... docter said it wasnt herpes ... let me know asap....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...