Aa
A
A
Close
Rash, leathery look, and dry skin in crotch area. What is it?
I have this red rash on the inside of my thighs beside my groin. It burns and itches mildly and looks simply like a red rash that's a little bumpy and I've had it come and go for sometime, a little over a year I believe. I believe it to be jock itch as most methods I have found regarding it make it go away quickly. It has always come back but when I got it looked at after joining the military this is what they told me it was and I have tried to get rid of it. It has however re-occurred on occasion.

However, I am military and have not been home in a while and this past weekend I went home and made the mistake of getting drunk with a friend I hadn't seen in a while and I slept with her. I wore protection but now I've noticed that the rash is back. In addition, It has has a funny smell and my ball sack on both sides is a white colored dry and flaky look and when wet or when I put antibiotic cream on it it looks like leather. It has not spread any higher than my scrotum nor has it to my scrotum yet. I am currently using a triple antibiotic cream on it and 1% hydrocortisone. I fully intend on getting tested for STD's as soon as possible as I did not learn until after that night that she was not as safe as I had been led to believe. But I would feel more at ease if I had a sooner opinion on what this might be.

Please give me some advice. I'm not the type to sleep around but I had just turned twenty one and I got really drunk and made a mistake and so now I'm really paranoid.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms it looks like fungal infection. Various reasons for recurrent or persistent fungal infection are incomplete treatment, treatment resistance, co-existing dermatitis, diabetes and low immunity. Treatment resistance can be overcome by applying a cream with a combination of antifungals (Clotrimazole 1%, Miconazole nitrate 2%, Tolnaftate 1% and Butenafine hydrochloride 1%). Get your blood sugar tested, fasting, 2 hours after food and if these are high then glycosylated hemoglobin to see overall sugar status in last 3 months.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources