Rash Around the Joint Areas

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash Around the Joint Areas

For about two months now I have had rashes around some of my joints.  They can get itchy at times, then won't itch for a day or two, then the itching comes back.  I am on several medications, and I've been trying to figure out if this in an allergy to one of the medications.  However, I've been on all my meds for at least 10 years and have never had any problems.  The rashes just started.

I've gotten off some of the medications one at a time for about a week, but haven't been able to find the culprit.  The rashes continue.  Is 1 week off a medication enough time to determine whether or not it's the one causing the rashes?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
The size of rash, type of rash and other associated features are very important in determining the exact cause. Dermatitis, eczema, fungal infection and psoriasis are few possibilities. In psoriasis there are red, scaly, itchy patches over joints and along the scalp. Do you also have swelling and pain in joints? If so then rheumatological problems like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, erythema nodosum, sarcoid could be few of the possibilities. A complete medical history and clinical examination is important for correct diagnosis. Do keep me updated.
Best of luck and regards!