Dermatology Community
Rash? Bites? Who knows?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash? Bites? Who knows?

For the last few months, I have been plagued by tiny pinhead-sized bumps on my ankles, inner wrists, random spots on my arms, ankles, top of feet, belt line, and underarms. One second I'm sitting at my desk at home working and the next second, I feel like something stings me; not a harsh sting like a wasp, but just an irritation. I've had a friend who is a doctor look over the suspected "bites" and he first thought it could be scabies, so I was treated with a cream. The symptoms never went away. Later, I had to go out of town for a couple weeks for a business trip. A day after I was gone, I was perfectly fine. The bumps went away and all was perfect. Then I got back home; symptoms started again. Random bumps appearing. Some red, some clearish on the tops of my hands with blackish heads almost like a baby wart starting to farm, but would disappear a couple days later.

Since then, I have ripped the carpet out of my room thinking perhaps it was some kind of mite or allergen. I've given my dog to a new owner thinking perhaps I was allergic to his down, as he is a large german shephard and it is summer time. Even without a dog or carpet, I'm still itching and having random bumps. I started looking into what I changed, such as detergent or soap while bathing. Nothing has been changed. It's to the point where I want to move because I know it isn't scabies. I know I haven't changed anything to become allergic; and even after bombing my room repeatedly with pesticides and the removal of carpet, I'm still being plagued by.... invisible critters? A rash? I have absolutely no clue. My family have had a few itching spells, but I have a feeling that is only sympathy itching, as it goes away quickly after I attempt to not scratch in front of them or talk about it.

I'm hoping someone will have answers. Thanks for reading.