Rash? Bites? Who knows?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash? Bites? Who knows?

For the last few months, I have been plagued by tiny pinhead-sized bumps on my ankles, inner wrists, random spots on my arms, ankles, top of feet, belt line, and underarms. One second I'm sitting at my desk at home working and the next second, I feel like something stings me; not a harsh sting like a wasp, but just an irritation. I've had a friend who is a doctor look over the suspected "bites" and he first thought it could be scabies, so I was treated with a cream. The symptoms never went away. Later, I had to go out of town for a couple weeks for a business trip. A day after I was gone, I was perfectly fine. The bumps went away and all was perfect. Then I got back home; symptoms started again. Random bumps appearing. Some red, some clearish on the tops of my hands with blackish heads almost like a baby wart starting to farm, but would disappear a couple days later.

Since then, I have ripped the carpet out of my room thinking perhaps it was some kind of mite or allergen. I've given my dog to a new owner thinking perhaps I was allergic to his down, as he is a large german shephard and it is summer time. Even without a dog or carpet, I'm still itching and having random bumps. I started looking into what I changed, such as detergent or soap while bathing. Nothing has been changed. It's to the point where I want to move because I know it isn't scabies. I know I haven't changed anything to become allergic; and even after bombing my room repeatedly with pesticides and the removal of carpet, I'm still being plagued by.... invisible critters? A rash? I have absolutely no clue. My family have had a few itching spells, but I have a feeling that is only sympathy itching, as it goes away quickly after I attempt to not scratch in front of them or talk about it.

I'm hoping someone will have answers. Thanks for reading.
Since you are having these itchy bumps randomly it can be due to viral rashes, allergies or hives. Since no one else in the family is having these symptoms, possibility of scabies is less. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.
The mainstay of treatment of hives is antihistamine like Benadryl which may be necessary for prolonged periods (in excess of 6 weeks). Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms. Your daughter may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.