Rash/Fissure/Tear in center of buttocks/hip or perianal area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

i did itching in my butts/hips or perianal area on the central line i don't know what it is called 1 cm above anus and got a tear/rash but it now became severely painful i showed it to my wife she said its a tear/fissure in center 1cm above anus not on/in anus. How will it heal ?? i did apply mycitracin ointment but nothing helped rather became worse due to application and rubbing the rashed skin i am worried is if it really is a fissure/tear or something else my wife confirmed it looks like a tear. It pains like burning /splinter etc.
Avatar n tn
anyone?? reply please!
It looks like an anal fissure. An anal fissure is a split in the anal skin and it feels like being cut with glass when you have your bowels open and afterwards. In that case, take warm sitz baths, smear some painkilling gel around the area and avoid constipation. If the symptoms persist then glyceryl trinitrate ointment, Botox injections and surgery can be tried after consulting a surgeon.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Avatar n tn
Thanks Bhupinder Kaur, MD. I am also medical practitioner.  I am healed fully within a weak. Its not anal fissure as i stated its  1 or 2 cm above anus. I was in doubt it may be Herpes. I applied mycitracin but it got worse that's why i got worried and posted here. I took other medical measure like cleaning it with medicated soap. I came to know that making that region oily won't let it heal quickly so i only washed and let it heal it healed.