Dermatology Community
Rash On Head Of Penis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash On Head Of Penis

About two months ago I noticed a bump on the shaft of my penis.  The bump was red and looked like a pimple.  It was also slightly painful.  After a few days the bump started to get bigger and a rash developed on the head of my penis (I am circumcised).  I used a creme with the chemicals Clotrimazole, Betamethasone, and Dipropionate on the rash and bump.  The creme really worked and the bump started going away immediately.  After I could barely see any of the bump anymore I stopped using the creme and it came back.  I then continually put the creme on and it was completely gone with in 3 weeks of me first noticing it.  The creme also helped with the rash.  The redness of the rash goes completely away when I use the creme but you can still notice the skin looks different.  The skin is slightly scaly and shiny where the rash is.  Since the rash appeared I have skipped a few days without putting the creme on it.  During that time it becomes really red and looks bad.  The redness disappears whenever I add the creme but the rash never fully goes away.  

I have not had sex since one of the first days in October (about 4 months).  I looked at the symptoms for syphyllis and the bump I got did not look like a chancre.  But the bump did appear around the time a chancre appears for syphyllis.  To eliminate syphyllis as a possibility I was wondering if the creme I was using can be used to suppress syphyllis symptoms.  I also have no problem urinating and there has been no itching at all since the rash arrived.

Since 2003 I have had many skin conditions.  Since then I have had eczema on my arm, painful bumps under my arms, ring worm, molluscum problems, a non-STD rash on my scrotum (that is much different from the current), and other things.  I used to visit a dermatologist and she said I was succeptible to many skin conditions because I used to take Accutane in '03.  So my main question do you think the rash I have is an STD or another skin issue?  What should I do?

Thanks a bunch.
Tags: rash, penis, head