Rash above anal crack

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash above anal crack

I have a reddish/brown patch right above my anal crack. It is very dry and only covers about an inch or so. I had a sunburn on my butt and it has went away however I still had a little patch that is still there. Any ideas on what this is?? It does not itch or anything but just sick of seeing it

Dry skin results when there is not enough water in the stratum corneum for it to function properly. Too much soapy water, exposure to harsh chemicals, the normal aging process and certain types of skin diseases are some of the causes of decreased amounts of protective skin oils which in turn causes dry skin.

The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone). Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

If still the symptoms persisit then possibility of eczema or atopic dermatitis,psoriasis, ichthyosis (fish scale-like skin) or pitted keratolysis is there.Pls consult a dermatologist for clinical examination in that case as treatment is specific for each one and without clinical examination,it is difficult to make a diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.