Rash after Swimming
I shaved this morning. A few hours later I went swimming. After getting out of the pool I felt a burning on my legs. Small red dots appeared all over both on my calves. They burn and itch horribly. It was not let up for the last 3 hours. I have tried washing my legs, mouturizing them, putting anti-itch cream on them. Nothing helps. What could help alleviate the itch and burn?
It looks like contact dermatitis to the chlorine of the swimming pool water after waxing which had irritated the hair follicles. . You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing and apply some calamine lotion on the effected area. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.