Aa
A
A
Close
Rash after colonoscopy
I had a colonoscopy  about 2 months ago and since I have had a bad rash/fungi on my buttocks.  I went back to the Dr who did the colonoscopy and he suggested Tinactin be applied for day time and Balmx for nighttime. I am still having bouts of it.  What do you suggest?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
For fungal infection, dry the area thoroughly by pat drying, not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins. The damp skin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels.

Most cases respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients.

If the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i have a rash since 2012 November when they took out a polyp which they had problems  with and they scared me.before then i didn't have any problems with rashes on my bottom. i have been to dermatologist and they could not figure out why i cant get rid of the rash. i don't have my large intestine because of colon cancer in 2010.i have been given all different medicines like antibiotics ,creams you name it i have used it and nothing  works. have any suggestions of what to do?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank