Rash after surgery
I had surgery on my neck 5 days ago.  I devloped a rash below the incision site on my neck.  It looks like a heat rash but burns and itches.  I do not know if this is a reaction to betadine, pain medication, or the IV antiboiotics I was given.  How can I determine which it is?   Is it common that these might cause a rash?  I do not have any rash on other parts of my body....just my neck and upper chest area.  Thank you

The rash could be due to the medications, antiseptic used, or from the medical tape used. Betadine is known to cause local irritation. Many patients have reactions to the medical tape used.  Are there other signs or symptoms present? What medications were given to you? Do you have history of allergies? Antihistamine medications and ice packs may help with the itching. If it persists, it would be best to see your doctor for further evaluation of the rash.

Take care and keep us posted.
Thank you for your response.  I am taking Lortab or Percocet depending on the level of pain.  I have no history of allergies.  The burning is constant and feels like a sunburn and the itching  I am trying to control with Benadryl cream.  It doesn't appear to be spreading but it is not going away either. Thanks again