Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash and redness for almost two years know.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I have been suffereing from a strange rash for almost two years know. It started with small non-raised red spots on my arms and progressively got worse. Now my forehead and cheeks stay pretty much rashed up and red all the time. It is also pretty bad around my neck, chest, arms and hands. But it is really all over my body to some degree. The rash doesn't really itch but my skin can feel really hot. I can feel when its flaring up bad. I have been to all kinds of allergists and dermatologists, but have gotten no answers. It does not appear to be a typical allergy. I have also been tested and ruled out for Mastocytosis. I am currently in the process of being tested for Sulfite and Salycilate sensitivity. This is because I have recently become very sensitive to aspirin. I am not sure if this is related. I have been on a low salycilate diet for about a month now but have not really noticed a significant difference. This thing has really turned my life upside down and am desperate for any suggestions.
Thanks,
James:

I am sorry to tell you that I can't shed much light on your condition.  Although it sounds a little like eczema or hives, it's obvious that the dermatologists who saw you didn't think so.

The search for unusual allergens, which apparently is underway, sounds like the best approach.  Meantime, you should work with your doctors for the best possible symptomatic relief.  This might include antihistamines, and topical formulations to relieve itch.  Very often in dermatology we have to treat symptoms even when we don't have much insight into cause.

Good luck.

Dr. R
i have been experiencing almost the same problem for 3 years and its in the process of turning my life upside down also.  i'm 32 years old.  heat started on my cheeks for 6 months, then moved to forehead and rest of face.  now moving to hands and top of chest.  doctors haven't helped.  my best guess is wacked out hormone levels, which i'm in the process of having tested.  i'm curious how old you are and if there are any other similarities between us that we can clue in on.  please post additional info here or e-mail me at ***@****.   here's to feeling better...
why do i get a rash on my chest, thighs ,neck or arms when i get hot or cold ? say if i am walking or cutting grass or just mopping my house this happens, if i walk in the winter it also happens. i have has skin rashes befor and it was nothing like this , i am also going into menapose???   48 yr.old
          thanks.
I have been experiencing redness in my face and other extremities such as hands, elbows, knees backs of arms and love handles. It comes and goes with certain situations such as stress, heat o sun and anxiety. I turn red and sweat in situations when I shouldnt be embarassed although I find that I am wondering if Im red and this just increases the redness! I have gotten as far as to read about Rosacea and feel uncertain that this is what is going on with me due to the fact that my redness is my whole face and is hot as well as I start to sweat profusely.
Again the redness is primarily about the face ahnds elbows and knees.
Any information will be appreciated immensely.
Thank you.
I've had similar rash symptoms around neck, chest and back, at different times; it was in "remission" then flares up and lasts.
Nothing seems to work (except hot water); and I must shower frequently.
I am having the same problem The rash started about two years ago and it is on my arms outside and inside. Now has moved to the back of my neck. the only difference is that mine is very itchy all day and at night I have a hard time sleeping.I also am going through menapose.. I am 48 years old.
SIR, MY TOES TURNED RED FOUR MONTHS AGO THEN MY FEET LEGS AND HANDS TURNED RED MY FACE IS A BLUSH RED, I FEAL FINE BUT AM CONCERNED ABOUT THIS CONDITION . I TAKE THE FOLLOWING MEDS I THINK I'M HAVING AN REACTION TO THE MEDICATIONS. I WENT TO AN DERMATOLOGIST SHE TOLD ME TO EXERCISE MORE I'NOT OVERWEIGHT.I TAKE THE FOLLOWING MEDS, GLIPIZIDE-WARFARIN-LANOXIN-GLOCOPHAGE-ZESTRIL-AVANDA-VERAPMIL. COULD ANY OF THESE MEDS CAUSE THIS CONDITION PLEASE ADVISE THANKS. AUSTIN W COOPER.
A related discussion, I am suffering w/an unknown rash was started.