Rash around the butt hole

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash around the butt hole

My husband has a red rash on the outside of his butt hole.  He said that it's itchy.  Do you know what it could be from and what he could do to reduce the redness and itchyness?
Tags: rashs, butt, hole

There could be several causes for the symptoms you are having. You should reconsult with your doctor to rule out the following possible causes -

'Perfumes, chemicals, or dye on toilet paper can cause an allergic reaction.

Moisture from sweat or diarrhea may cause itching. If the anal skin stays wet, the skin begins to break down.

Some foods irritate the anus when they are expelled during a bowel movement. The most common culprits are caffeine, chocolate, beer, nuts, dairy products, and spicy food.

Infections such as pinworms, yeast, and genital warts can cause itching.

Hemorrhoids, which cause painful swelling of blood vessels in the anal area, can cause itching.

Cancer, in rare instances, may be a cause.'

Therte are certain factors which predispose to the risk of developing anal itching as a symptom.

'Factors that put people most at risk for anal itching are as follows:

Diabetes

Recent antibiotic use

Chronic dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and seborrhea

Profuse sweating.'

Do discuss these with your doctor and exclude any possible causes in your case.

Post us if you need any further information and let us know about how you are doing.

Regards.
My 2 boys have had painful,raw rash in anal area for 2 months. Also complain of yellow , wet stuff coming out when passing gas. There has been slight bleeding at times. Just found out neighbor has same thing. Taking them to the Dr in a few days but trying to get info in the meantime. Anyone know what this could be?
I'm not sure what your boys have because they both have it but my husbands ended up being an absess (abscess) (sp?) which from what the dr said is very common.  The area got infected and a bubble of pus grew under the skin.  We ended up going to the ER because he couldn't take the pain anymore and they put a small incision to drain the pus and put in a drain for a week to allow it to heal.  The yellow stuff coming out could also be pus, do they have any bumps in the area that is what my husband had the original dr said it was just a hemmroid.
Good luck, hope the boys feel better soon.
ma friend has a rash on around her but hole n up n she dosent know wut to do  anyone knows wut these could be
im 27 year old male. i have a rash around my butthole, but its from not being able to wipe 100%. i work out side, i poop, and i sweat. i cant just wash my butt while im at work, so i end up at home with the worse case of mud butt. teach your kids to wipe there butt, or there end up like me!
I'm 13 years old and i have a rash around my put whole going toward my vagina and i don't know what to do . . . it's been here for about a year and i am afriad to tell my parents . . . what should i do ?