Rash around the ears
My 7 yr old daughter has had this ongoing rash behind her ears for over a year or so. I have been wrote two different creams for it. Which are Clotrimazole and Bethamthasone   and then also was wrote ketoconazole. Nothing seems to work, the creams will make it better for like a day and then its back. They stay dry red and caked up. When I wash her ears it really hurts. I have posted 3 pictures if anyone can give me any information.

This discussion is related to Mystery Rash.

These symptoms can be due to seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos. Shampoo the hair vigorously and frequently (preferably daily). Active ingredients in these shampoos include salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc, resorcin, ketoconazole, or selenium.

If the symptoms persist, then it would be best to get it confirmed from a dermatologist

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.