Rash around the eyes nose and mouth

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash around the eyes nose and mouth

6515227?1294262024
My son since birth gets a continuous rash around his mouth I use Trimovate cream but has to be carefully used.  If I apply to much the rash worsens, If i dont apply any the rash spreads to his nose and eye lids.  The Doctor said it was Dermititus and I have used many creams cortizone based.  Could it be an allergy to food?  Is there anything I can do to get rid of the rash once and for all?

Please help!
Tags: eyes, rash, nose, mouth
From the symptoms it looks like dermatitis to me. Yes definitely some food stuffs may be aggravating the symptoms, so it is advisable to stop using them. This you can do by maintaining a food diary and checking out after consuming which foods, the rash appears.

Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

If the symptoms are not controlled by topical antibiotics, then oral antibiotics may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my problem.  I will discuss with my G.P what you advised and ask him for a perscription.  Trimovate is what I have been using so far but it is so difficult to use the correct amount too much and the rash is worse to little and the rash flares.  He has suffered with it since he was 5 month old and I am so fed up with trying different things with nothing helping.  When he is ill and not eating the rash clears yet when he starts eating it flares once again.  Fruit is ok, now trying to leave out gluten but we shall see.  Thank you once again it is very much appreciated.

Regards
Deborah

Thank you for your kind words. I hope your son finds the relief soon. Best wishes and god bless.