Rash at belly button area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash at belly button area

I have a rash red firery rash inside  my bellybutton then around the outside on the surronding skin I have small little red bumps  all around it and it is all very itchy.  What do you think this could be?  And what should I try on it?  I tried hydrocortizone and it didnt work.    
Do you have allergies to metals? If so it could be from the metal buttons on jeans or other clothing. Even plastics will bother some people. Some people use clear fingernail polish to keep the metal from contacting the skin. You could try the bandaides that are cloth and put them over the snaps or metal, plastic buttons. The hydrcortizone cream possiblably could not help because of the recontact. You can try calamine lotion to see if it works better. Hope this helps. If you get no results then go to the dr. By chance you don't have a belly ring do you? If you do, I would get rid of it. It could be the problem.
Thanks for the advice.  I never thought of the buttons on my jeans.  That very well could be the problem, but it hasn't ever done this before now.  But I know an allergy can occur at anytime.  Thanks so much.
To answer your question about bellybutton ring.  No I dont have one of those.
You are welcome and I hope it works. I have that problem with snaps or buttons and so does my son. I can't wear costume jewelry either.
I have this same problem and I have no idea what it is! It's not from buttons on my jeans because I always wear leggings..I've been told it has something to do with yeast build ups..I just wish I knew how to get rid of the awful rash!!! HELP!!!