Rash behind ears, neck and back of head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash behind ears, neck and back of head

I was out inb the yard watering my plants on Monday, and when I came inside, I noticed a rash in the back of my head, behind my ears and on my neck. I feel sure that something has biten me but what I don't know. The symptoms were negative at first, then I started itching, and it appears that the rash has spread. I've been using calamine lotio and alcohol, for the itching and taking Benadryl. Does anyone have any other suggestions? the bumps are red, itchy and they do burn at times.
Tags: rash
Due to the suddenness of symptoms, the possibility of contact dermatitis or allergic reaction cannot be ruled out. You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. You may need topical and oral steroids.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so very much for your expert advice, I treated myself and am totally free of the rash.I think a bug or insect had biten me, and I use calamine lotion and alcohol to clear it up, and Benadryl for the itch.