Aa
A
A
Close
Rash down there . . .
Hi I am 18 years old and I have had this rash on my outer labia for 8 years now. The rash is whitish, itches a lot, especially when the skin is dry. And I have some discharge, but I attribute that to a possible yeast infection. It reminds me of thrush, but I am not sure. . .
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be eczema or lichen sclerosis.

Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema.Lichen sclerosis results in white patches on the skin, which may cause scarring on and around genital skin.

Exactly what it is can be confirmed only after biopsy of the skin.So I would suggest you to get a skin biopsy done.Treatment is diagnosis specific.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you so much. I am scheduled to see my doc soon so I will bring up the idea or ask her to look more into the rash.

Thanks again, it's good to know that I probably don't have a horrible disease of some kind . . .
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources