Rash for months

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash for months

About five months ago I had a red ichty patch on my chest then it started to spread to my neck arms, legs,top of hands the doctors don't know what it is the rash turns white like if you poured bleach on it and then turns pink again I've tryed many creams they don't work I've tryed tanning beds and no using tanning beds nothing has helped what is it it's awfully ictchy and ugly
I have a derm appointment but not till the end of may! Could someone please giver some thoughts
I am a model and can't work with my skin like this it's really that bad,..also it started the se time my deppresion did I don't know if that could be conected somehow please any sujjestions would be helpful i'm at a loss!! Thx  
From the symptoms, they can be due to pityriasis versicolor. Pityriasis versicolor (Tinea veriscolor) is a fungal infection caused by commensal yeasts in hot and humid conditions. They may be reddish brown, slightly scaly patches or ugly, depigmented areas that will not tan, especially in suntanned skin.
Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities. Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.

So please get it checked and the treatment prescribed by your dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers