Rash from B12

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash from B12

I started taking B12 and iron because of low white cell and low B12.  Since I started I randomly get skin irritation, itcy blothes and a little bit of hives.

Could B12 or iron vitamins cause this?
I had to be cured of an allergy to vitamin C. Yes, it can happen. Or, you might be allergic one of the fillers. Try a different maker (checking all ingredients).
It can be due to hives which is common after taking any drug or after viral infections.  Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin and apply some calamine lotion on the rash. Also wear cotton clothes and apply good quality moisturizers. If the symptoms persist then please get it examined from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

My husband had lymphoma 3 years ago.  Thank God after a stem cell transplant he has been in remission for 2 years.  He has been diagnosed with a B12 deficiency.  His doctor starded him on B12 injections.  His dose is 2000mcg every 2 weeks.  The first shot had no side effects, but after taking the 2nd dose two weeks later we where up all night with a rash and severe itching.  He needs ths B12 as he was showng all the symptoms of B12 deficiency.  Could we maybe give a lower dose weekly instead of such a high dose at 1 time?  We will contact his MD, but ofcourse it is the weekend  and a holiday so we will have to wait would appreciate your help.