Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash from Herpes?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Rash from Herpes?

I seem to have gotten all the symptoms of Herpes(blister that turned to sores, itching, shotting pains, pain in my upper and inner thigh, very small pimples around the base of the head of the penis, etc) I also got this huge rash that basically covers my entire penis along with spots of small soft warts. I have an appointment with a doctor next week, but based on my reseach, I'm almost certain I have herpes (again, I'll wait to see what the doctors say to be sure.  
If I am right and I do have herpes, What can I take to rid myself of the rash and the small sores on my penis?

I've taken Valtrex, but the rash and small soft sores remain. Is there anything you can suggest (creams,ointment, etc) to get rid this awful herpes rash?
The rash of herpes is not a "huge rash that basically covers [the]entire penis along with spots of small soft warts."  That may be eczema, irritation, or something like those.  If you haven't seen a doctor yet, where did you get Valtrex?  Valtrex is quite safe, but I don't think you should take it if you don't know what you have.  

I would avoid sex, minimize any friction, lubricate the area with vaseline or the equivalent, and see the doctor as soon as you can, to clarify the situation and get it under control.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
In order for the rash to go away you have to continue taking your medicine on a regular basis.  I experience the same problem, and eventually it goes away. If you want you can ask your doctor for a numbing ointment to suppress itching and soreness.  It might help you (it helped me). Another thing - in order to keep the breakouts from occurring, you might want to ask your doctor about suppressive therapy - where you take medication everyday to prevent breakouts as much as possible.