Rash from blood draw

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash from blood draw

First I am not allergic to laytex and second this rash was not where the bandaide was.  two weeks ago I had a blood draw for test for upper right quadrant pain.  The nurse that did it does not need to be allowed to stick needles in people.  I have never had any problems before.  I got the normal bruising only it was not on the puncture site or on the vein.  I think she punctured the vein inside and it bled a little out.  Two days ago the bruise went from red, black to white then it got a raised pink VERY itchy rash.  I went back to the dr today and he does not have a clue what it is.  About 2 months ago I developed this horrible rash on my stomach over my liver area and went to the ER in pain.  The dr said it was shingles.  In the next 2 months I got the same rash in the same place 4 times.  When I told my dr about this he said it is not shingles and gave me a cream to put on it.  It starts usually late at night feels like someone put an iron to me, I put ice on it and by the next morning it is already going away.  There will be a few blisters, but they go away very quickly.  I do not know if these 2 rashes have anything to do with one another.  I hate going back to dr's that just want to give you a cream and pain meds just to have the symptoms to return again and again.  This is so frustrating.  Why does Austin, Texas seem not to have any good doctors.  I have had a complete abdominal ultrasound and it looks good and my liver test came back normal.  The only thing I have found on the next is some type of autoimmune disorder.  Any insite, recommendations or anything would be so very grateful.