Dermatology Community
Rash from sea salt pedicure
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash from sea salt pedicure

A friend of mine went to the salon and it looked like she had mosquito bites about 3 days later.  I just went to another salon and got the sea salt pedicure.  2 days later I have the same type rash.  I do not have sensitive skin at all and was surprized.  I had read that the only treatment would be antibiotic treatment.  What would you suggest to make the rash heal quicker.  (It is little red bumps that, in my friend's case would open up and look awful for about 1-2 weeks!)
Thank you for your help!
Related Discussions
Hi,
Contact dermatitis is the name for any skin inflammation that occurs when the skin's surface comes in contact with a substance originating outside the body.
Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) results when repeated exposure to an allergen (an allergy-causing substance) triggers an immune response that inflames the skin.
The symptoms can take many forms: redness, itching, crusting, swelling, blistering, oozing, dryness, scaliness, thickening of the skin, and a feeling of warmth at the site of contact.
In extreme cases, severe blistering can occur and open sores can form.
The best treatment for contact dermatitis is to identify the allergen or irritating substance and avoid further contact with it. If the culprit is, for instance, a cosmetic, avoidance is a simple matter.
You can take anti-histaamines for a week and apply calamine lotion to the affected areas.
ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/topic100586656
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank