Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash in Armpit Area
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rash in Armpit Area

I've never had a rash nor an allergic reaction in my life but about 4 days ago I started noticing my right armpit was becoming irritated.  About 3 days ago I noticed it getting red and rashy looking.  The rash is near where the pectorial and arm meet and it's got small red bumps inside the rash area.

I've uploaded 2 pictures to show what they look like.  I'll probably go to a doctor when I get back off temporary duty as I'm in a different state from home but I'm concerned and I'd like to have an idea what I'm looking at.  Before I left I started using some cream my son's doctor prescribed to him for a rash.  It's Triamcinolone Acetonide .025%.  I realize I probably shouldn't use a cream not prescribed to me but it seemed to work for his rash and was pretty gentle on his infant skin.  The cream seems to have caused some of the redness to disappear from the rash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, here are the link to the pictures:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/jjh_33/100_0066.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/jjh_33/100_0064.jpg

I kept them very large for better detail.  Thank you.