Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash in Groin Area
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rash in Groin Area

Ok.. Im going to get right to the point. I have this rash in my groin area. Where it is mostly at, is in the crease of my pelvic area, You know where your pelvis and your thigh meets. Really bad on one side then it spread to the other side, and a little on my balls, and the just a tad on my upper pelvis.

It started out about like a week and a half ago, just one dot, then a few days later the same like different sized circled dots in the same area, then it just started to spread. My mother is a Nurse practioner and I was very hestiant to show her because her being this she worries like crazy about me. So I showed her the most infected area and she said that it was ringworm of the groin or jockitch.

See like right before I got this I went to the state fair and I live in the south and it is very hot here and I rode a water ride first got really wet then walked around all day and sweated like crazy. She said that is how I got it.. So she told me what kind of cream to buy and I did that..

But it started to spread more.. even a little bit on my penis. And I did some researching on the internet and ringworm of the groin doesn't normally spread on the penis. It's just in one spot on my penis only.. I don't really know the best way to describe where it is at but okay.. its on the base of it.. More towards the base not close to the top or the head anyways.

If it is ringworm of the groin what I have then Im assuming that it spread so bad because I neglected it for so long.. the only reason I did this is because I have never had it before and I didn't know what that one spot was until it spread.

Just in case it is not ringworm of the groin, whatever it is, I guess it looks similar to it. It's in a ring shape red on the outside and lighter on the inside. Areas near these ring shaped circles are red. And it does itch! I have been using clotrimazole cream 1% in the mornings and then tolnaftate cream 1% at the night to try to get ride of it.. I have been using the creams for a week now.. and I don't think its going away at all.. It hasn't really spread anymore but it doesn't look like its going away. I even shaved my whole pubic area to really be able to apply the cream and I was hoping it would stop the itching.

Am I being parnoid? Do you think I have ringworm of the groin? If so am I using the right stuff and how long before it goes away, and why did a little of it go on my penis? If not what do you think I might have? I have only had sex with a few people most of which I know well, and everytime was protected. I know that doesn't really mean anything but it does count.

I think my mother being such a worrier she has passed it along to me and now I think Im scared of getting a STD. I hope you can help me out.. Im really grateful! Thankyou!