Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash in and around Anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Rash in and around Anus
Hello Dr. I have had this umcomfortable rash/irritation for a few months now in & around my anus. I have never had any problems in that area before a year ago. I did have jock itch a while back. About 2 months ago I had a trombosed hemorrhoid, the one that there was a lump. Actually that never hurt and finally went away. I then have been having major problems with irritation. Very raw feeling. Not much itching at all. At night nothing bothers me, the only time is when I am
moving around, walking, working out, & sitting. I did manage to look at the area and its very red around the anus area & irritated. The redness is around the area where the cheeks meet, like in the crack. If I go to the bathroom its worse. If I do not apply any cream there its almost impossible to walk without discomfort. I went to a rectal Dr. & he said everything looks ok but he does see irritation. I have been to him 2x already. I looked all over the net for symptoms for a yeast infection
but I really cannot get a answer. Can you tell me what are the symptoms of yeast infection in &  around the anus? I have been using proto something the Dr. gave me for a while & it works at  times and then it comes back bad. I also have used clotromazole cream as well, any cream helps but then later on
it hurts again. No itching though. If it was yeast I would assume it would itch at times? Also, why do I  not feel any problem when I sleep? Any info. would help, I am trying battling this problem for some time now. Is this serious? Yeast? Irritation? Common? What should I use? My bowels are ok. Thank you.
This is common.  It is usually just irritation, not yeast.  The best treatment is gentle cleansing, frequent application of moisture lotion or vaseline, and occasional use of mild steroid creams your doctor can recommend.  You may have to treat this from time to time, but it is usually possible to control it well.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I also I put on some ketoconazole Yeast cream, if its not yeast can the cream cause redness? The two creams the Dr. gave me is: Proctosol-HC and then HC Pramoxine Rectal Cream. Can the Proctosal cream make thinsg worse? That is what I have been using,
A related discussion, rash was started.
A related discussion, Irritation & rashes in & around anus and also at lower part of breast where it rest on to skin. Please help was started.