Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash in belly button area?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Rash in belly button area?

I have this reoccuring rash (?) in my belly button area (I'm an innie).  I'm not sure if it's eczema or not. It only started occuring the past 6-8 months, and it's only in that area.  First there's a bump and then it starts getting extremely itchy.  Then it goes away after a month or 2 and then it comes back (this is the 2nd or 3rd time now).  I think that it's kind of odd that it's just in my belly button.  I haven't really changed any living habits or eating habits.  (And no belly piercings).  Currently, it's pretty much dried out, perhaps from scratching a bit too much.  So basically, is it just eczema or ???
MPC:

I'm frankly not sure, although it may well be eczema.  It may be a yeast infection from moisture buildup.  If I were you, I would show it to your dermatologist the next time you get an active flareup.

Good luck.

Dr. R
I have a daughter 13 years old she has had an atopic skin very
dry but,her hair is veery oily her front now has a  lot of comedones .  we visit the doctor and his prescripcion was ACUTANE
Im worry because she has a very very dry skin and also she had her first mestruation a few months ago I dont know if that medicine could interfare with the grow up process.
My sister kept getting a rash around her belly button also. When she went to the dermatologist it was determined that she was allergic to the metal button on her pants.
A related discussion, belly button rash was started.