Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash in the groin area that spreaded to the stomach above belly botton...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Rash in the groin area that spreaded to the stomach above belly botton itching

I have a rash that started in the groin area it has not spreaded to my penis, but it is all around the area and under neath my balls and spreaded to the stomach below and above the belly button, and around  both my thighs  It is fine when the skin is dry and not sweaty.  The rash has not spreaded on to my penis at all but the itching is cause me to become very  irritable,

If the skin get sweaty it begins to itch and I sratch all the times.  When I scratch I have flakes and the skin becomes red and ittrated.  Please help me and let me know what to do.
It may just be chafing, or perhaps mild eczema.  Fungus or yeast are possible, but much less likely.  My advice is to keep the area dry, to apply an over-the-counter anti-fungus/yeast cream like clotrimazole 1% twice a day, and to see a doctor if the condition persists for more than 2 weeks.  You may need a prescription-strength anti-inflammation cream, perhaps one containing hydrocortisone.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I am the guy right below you on the list of topics and it sounds like the same thing I have. I went to the doctor and he is pretty sure it is folliculitos which is infected hair follicols(sp). Obviously, you want to hear the doctors answer, but I know how stressed I was and thought I would throw a little reassurance your way.
I've been diagnosed with folloctilitus from my doctor a year ago when I became concerned w/ pimple like pustules surrounding the base of my penis.  They were present for 2 months until the doctor advised me to purchase antibacterial soap and neosporin,  I noticed results in matter of weeks, and they went away.  I wouldn't fear herpes, it's probably inflamed hair follicles.