Rash in the groin area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash in the groin area

For over the last 5 or 6 days, I have had a rash present in my right inner groin area. It is fairly reddish and pink, and also appears vertically (kind of like scratches of some sort) on the underside of my scrotum. There aren't any blisters, warts, or pimples present. There is not much itching to be honest, and there is minor irritation when something rubs it excessively. I have been using clomitatizone on it for some while, hoping to see some improvement. So far, there hasn't been much luck. I have had protected sex three times over the past year, and from what the females tell me, they are both clean. I do not think it is any sexually transmitted disease (herpes) because I haven't experienced any symptoms, pain, bleeding, or sores present. I am very active and play a lot of sports, particularily basketball. I do often wear boxer briefs, which seem to be tight in that area. I am just trying to get some closure as to what this might be and if I should get tested or if it is a rash like a believe it is.
Try clotrimazole powder instead of creme,it should suffice.