Rash like spots on forehead

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash like spots on forehead

I started getting spots on my chin about 2 years ago, around the age of 30, and my doctor prescribed Duac Once Gel. The gel seemed to work (although it did make my skin dry).

However, for the past year or so I have been developing a strange rash on my forehead which seems to come and go. The rash isn't itchy at all. It is like raised bumps all over my forehead and the skin appears greasy. The bums are generally skin coloured, not red. When I brush my hand over it, it feels a bit like sandpaper. It started when I was about 4 weeks into using the Duac Gel and appeared quite suddenly, within about 2 days. My doctor said it was a reaction to the Duac Gel and that it would disappear as my skin got used to the Duac. The rash disappeared after about 2 months.

I stopped using Duac about 6 months ago but I'm still getting this rash on my forehead. Sometimes I don't have it at all, but once it appears it's there for at least 4 weeks. I have it at the moment and don't know what to do! It looks very unsightly - to me!

Does anyone have any idea what it might be? I don't take any medication etc so it can't be a reaction to that.

Avatar_dr_f_tn

Aside from an allergic reaction to any medication, this could be due to irritation or sweat dermatitis.  If it is an irritation, the trigger (such as soap, gel, etc) responsible should be eliminated and and it will eventually resolve. On the other hand, miliaria or sweat rash presents with small and sometimes itchy rashes that occur at  the face, neck, under the breasts and under the scrotum. Miliaria is a common ailment in hot and humid conditions. And usually resolve. Try to avoid activities that induce sweating and avoid hot and humid weather. Topical antibacterials or antibacterial soaps may also help. If it persists, have this evaluated further for proper management. Direct clinical examination is essential.

Take care and regards.

Exactly the same thing has happened to me! I a 27 year old female and I had spots around the 'beard' area, which is hormone related I believe. The Duac worked great on my spots but now I have a really greasy forehead with lots of little bumps. My nose feels quite greasy too. I have stopped putting the Duac on my forehead but no change yet. Did you find anything that helped?

Thanks.

hi im suffering with this bumpy/sandpaper skin on my forehead too!
    Its really annoying, Im 26 and have never really had spotty skin but ive had this rash since April. I thought it was because i had abit of sunburn on my forehead at first and that it would go away. Although some days its not so visible because the bumps can be my normal skin colour and other days the bumps appear pink. My forehead is quite greasy most of the time so i wash my face 2-3 times a day, i dont know what to put on it because it can be greasy then next very dry.
help!
try changing your shampoo to one that doesnt contain SLS. Also watch your diet... less sugar, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, spices and wheat should help +++